FORTY-THREE; TELL ME A LIE

GOAL: 10 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE!"

FORTY-THREE; TELL ME A LIE (S3E18)

~

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?" Caroline asked Estella and Elena.

Stefan had texted the three to meet him in the woods, and Elena thought it best to tell Caroline who murdered her father. Estella wasn't so sure about the plan and stuck next to Elena for safe measure.

"I can't expect you to be okay with this," Elena said to her friend. "But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried."

"Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything okay?" Estella turned Caroline towards her so Caroline was facing her. Estella noticed the teary eyes, making her sigh.

"No, Caroline, it's not okay. It's horrible and we feel horrible about it, but he's a victim of something supernatural, he didn't ask for this, it just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom, I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And neither did Stefan or Tyler," Estella explained.

"Or me," Caroline spoke.

"Or you. None of you asked for this, but who would I be if I just turned my back on any of you?" Elena asked.

Caroline moved to the side of Elena with Estella next to her. Caroline swung her arm around Elena.

"Oh, Elena Gilbert, savior of the cursed and the damned," Caroline declared.

Matt appeared from the woods.

"Hey. What's with the cryptic secret meeting text?" Matt asked them.

"I don't know. Stefan just said to meet here," Elena told him.

Stefan and Damon walked out to the group, looking around.

"Where's Bonnie?" Stefan asked them. "I texted her too."

"Um, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So, I think we should leave her out of this one," Caroline explained softly.

"What are we doing here?" Estella asked her brothers with a confused look.

"We found some more white oak," Damon stated. "Long story, wait for the movie."

"Hang on," Elena interrupted. "White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?"

"Nope. We all have a weapon," Stefan declared.

Stefan threw down a duffel bag full of white oak stakes. Estella raised an eyebrow in shock.

"You two took a sign and made all this?" Estella asked them.

"Yup. Plenty to go around," Damon remarked.

"Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage," Stefan declared. "We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity."

"Scenario number one." Damon grabbed Elena and had her play Klaus.

"Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied," Stefan stated. He looked at his sister. "Estella."

"Why am I always Klaus bait?" Estella whined, rubbing a hand over her face.

"Because he's obsessed with you," Damon replied. He walked over to Caroline. "But for right now we need you to play Rebekah. We use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking."