TWENTY; DISTRUST

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) TWENTY; DISTRUST (S2E20-21)

_____

Estella, still a little tipsy, made her way back to her house safely. When she arrived, she spotted Stefan and Elena outside standing near his car. Estella frowned, moving over to them.

"What's going on?" Estella asked, walking forward.

"I thought you might want to say goodbye," Stefan said, motioning to Elena. Estella opened her mouth to protest yet Stefan gave her a pleading look. Estella sighed and nodded. Stefan smiled in appreciation and rubbed his sister's arm before going inside.

"I know you don't exactly like me, so you don't have to do this," Elena said. Estella scratched her arm.

"Elena, I think you deserve a reason why I don't like you before you get sacrificed. Here's the thing, long story short, I ran away from Damon and Stefan because of Katherine. Stefan and Damon grew estranged because of Katherine. Damon and Stefan are vampires because of Katherine. Are you getting my drift?" Estella asked her. Elena's eyes flickered in realization and nodded.

"You worry I'll do the same thing," Elena replied.

"You've already done it. I had to pull a stake from my younger brother's chest because the other one stabbed in it, all because of your survival," Estella stated.

Elena nodded, her eyes looking down.

"Look, this isn't a good riddance. I mean, you are coming back to life. Being a vampire isn't all that bad. After a while you get used to the tricks that come with it," Estella told her, trying to offer her some comfort. "I genuinely do like you Elena, but you also look exactly like the girl that drove me and my brothers apart and you're kind of doing the same thing now. It's hard to get over that, but I'm trying."

"I appreciate you trying, really," Elena thanked her with a small smile. "I didn't even know Stefan and Damon had a sister until you showed up."

"Well, like I said before, we kinda drifted apart. I got into my own business and they got into theirs. The only reason I came was out of pure vengeance of Katherine's death, which didn't really work, but nonetheless I'm glad I'm back, though." Estella ran a hand through her hair.

"You've been an amazing...friend, if you will, to me. I think you're the only person who understands why I would sacrifice myself for them," Elena admitted.

"I understand because I've experienced that kind of love first hand," Estella said softly. She looked down at her hands. "And, Elena, we are friends. I have a tough time showing my gratitude, is all."

"Thanks," whispered Elena with a small smile. Estella nodded.

"Five bucks Stefan was listening in on the entire thing," Estella muttered. Her and Elena laughed a little.

Stefan emerged from the house. Estella smirked towards Elena before she turned to her brother.

"What'd you think I do, Stefan? Kill her?" Estella inquired sarcastically. Stefan rolled his eyes but remained his usual broody self. Estella understood, though, his girlfriend was about to get sacrificed to a hybrid dick.

Estella let the two have a moment together and leaned back against the car. The blonde pushed back the few wisps of hair that hit her face due to the wind. She jumped slightly when Klaus suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Stefan," Estella muttered lowly, her head turning to look at her brother. Stefan looked up and immediately shielded Elena from Klaus, his eyes flitting towards Estella before back to Klaus.