NINE; UNTOUCHABLE

(E) NINE; UNTOUCHABLE (S2E10)

_____

"It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning. You—" Rose stopped speaking once she realized that she wasn't talking to Damon, but rather his sister and the doppelgänger. Estella's eyes widened briefly as she was overtaken with slight surprise, finding this was somewhat unexpected.

"Woah," muttered Rose. "Sorry, I thought you were, um—"

"My brother?" Estella finished for her with a raised eyebrow. "I hope you took a shower after, you have no idea where that boy has been."

"I, uh, sorry, I..." Elena stuttered to make a functional sentence, so Estella butted in to help her out.

"We came to talk to you," Estella spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Then I should probably get dressed," Rose remarked and motioned behind her. Estella gave her a false smile and walked into the parlor, thirsty wanting a drink.

"I honestly don't get why you're so shy, Elena. This is much like my brother," Estella stated, talking about Rose and Damon sleeping with each other.

"I-I thought he changed," Elena said weakly.

Estella let out a harsh laugh. "A tip, girl to girl. You can never truly change someone. Take it from someone who's tried, it doesn't work out the way you want it to."

"Is that what you did? Give up in 1864?" Elena suddenly blurted out, but quickly regretting what she said.

Estella hand paused midair from taking a sip from her glass of Bourbon. Her cold eyes glanced at Elena before she spoke, "You don't know the whole story, so I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

"Stefan told me that you left. He assumed it was because you hated Katherine," Elena said. "Is there another side to that story?"

Estella's mouth quirked into a sinister smile. "I'm sure that's what Stefan thought. Probably Damon too. But, like you, they don't know why I left. I was protecting them. You see Elena, Katherine found out that I learned of her dirty secret—she was a vampire. I started slipping vervain into my brothers tea, and when Katherine heard of this, she threatened that she would kill both Damon and Stefan unless I left for good."

Elena looked at the girl, stunned. "You could've stopped her," Elena argued.

Estella laughed bitterly, "A frail human stop a 372 year-old vampire? I wasn't as cunning as I am now, and I had no support from the council."

Elena wanted to respond to the girl—wanted to argue that she could've stayed and fight—but Rose decided to walk in at the moment and stop the conversation between the two.

_____

"It's a bad idea," Rose immediately decided after Estella and Elena explained their plan to Rose.

"No it's not," Estella argued, placing her hands on her hips as she glared at her.

"From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus," Elena stated with raised eyebrows. "You and Damon just gave up before you got it."

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it," Rose told her in a frustrated tone. She was fed up with Elena, and Estella could understand why. Elena was a lot to take in.

"There's more to learn," Elena spoke, her voice leaving no argument. "We just have to find a way to learn it."

"Ask Estella," Rose suggested, motioning to the blonde Salvatore. She scoffed, pursing her lips. "She knows more about Klaus than Slater, I can assure you."