TWENTY-ONE; OIL ON WATER

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) TWENTY-ONE; OIL ON WATER (S2E21-22)

_____

Estella was shocked when she found out Elena was alive and human. Asked by her brothers to attend Jenna's funeral, Estella reluctantly agreed and was met by this. She pretended not to notice, as Elena was grieving, and saved the plethora of questions for her brothers. Instead, she smoothed out her black dress and stared at her reflection, sighing and looking at the brunette next to her.

"You don't have to do this today, you know," Estella told her with pursed lips.

Elena exhaled as she clipped on her last earring. She stared at herself in the mirror for a moment until she responded, "I can do this."

Estella rubbed her shoulder and turned her head to see Jeremy walking into his sister's room. Estella nodded, letting the siblings have their moment. They both lost Jenna—Estella couldn't intrude on their moment.

The vampire walked down the stairs, heels clicking the wood as she made her way into the living room where her brothers stood.

"Does someone want to explain to me why she isn't a vampire?" Estella questioned lowly, raising an eyebrow. Stefan and Damon looked at each other before the youngest spoke up.

"John sacrificed himself. Because he was Elena's biological dad, Bonnie was able to kill him for the life of Elena's with a spell," Stefan informed.

"God, why didn't we think about that before?" Estella questioned, scoffing.

_____

Estella stood with Caroline, watching as Elena walked to Jenna's gravestone. She set red roses on the ground, her face covered in sadness and grief. Elena walked over to her parents grave and set the flowers on the ground, her eyes shining with unshed tears. Estella swallowed thickly and looked down. Alaric stepped forward and placed a rose on Jenna's spot. He turned back and stood in the back.

Once the ceremony was finished, Estella and her brother stepped over to Damon, who had just recently shown up. Damon plastered on an emotionless face, hiding his true emotions.

"We're going to head back to the house," informed Stefan, silently urging him to join.

"Think I'll skip the coffee and tea cakes," Damon remarked, staring off into the distance.

"Damon," Estella said softly, "she needs us right now. All of us."

"And then what's the plan? The curse is broken. How does one go about killing an all-powerful wolf vamp and his two-faced older brother?" Damon asked, his voice raising as he spoke. He sighed through his nose, trying to calm himself down.

"I have no idea," replied Estella.

"We need to get an idea. Fast," Damon told them.

"I'm not going to let Elena lose anybody else," Stefan explained.

"I wouldn't make any promises, brother," Damon said, shuffling with his sleeve.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Estella inquired, a frown on her lips.

"Tyler Lockwood bit me." Damon revealed the nasty werewolf bite on his arm. Estella gasped and walked forward, grabbing the pale skin. She examined it with a heavy heart.