SEVENTEEN; WHATEVER IT TAKES

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) SEVENTEEN; WHATEVER IT TAKES (S2E18)

_____

Blonde hair, blue/green eyes, pink lips. Estella looked the same as she did everyday. Why the hell did she feel different tonight? She felt some suspicious feeling that something was going to happen tonight at the dance, and she couldn't just shake it off. She bit the inside of her cheek and drummed her fingers against her dresser. She rarely got these feelings, but when she did, something always happened. Estella just wasn't sure whether this was a good feeling or bad.

She stood up, inhaling once. She stared at her room. Looked the same, nothing out of place. She pushed the door open, only to be met with Damon's clear blue eyes.

"Wow!" Damon cheered. "You're all decked out."

Estella let out a small laugh. "'Decked out'? Real 60's fanatic, are you?

"You know me," Damon commented sarcastically.

"That I do," Estella muttered. She looked over her brother then raised an unimpressed eyebrow. "You literally look the same. At least I gave a little effort."

"Hey, I'll have you know I bought this jacket in the 60's!"

"I'm sure you did, Damon."

"You ready to boogie?" Damon questioned sarcastically, holding the door open for his sister. Estella didn't reply; Damon already knew the answer.

_____

Estella was glad that she came prepared with a flask in her purse as the terrible 60's music flooded her ears. Yet, she was slightly concerned when the principal of the school let her slip by easily without asking who Estella was. Mystic Falls was a small town, surely the principal had to keep track of the students?

"Thanks for being here, everybody!" A girl spoke into a microphone on stage. Cheers and applause erupted throughout the cafeteria. "We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Estella. From Klaus."

Estella paused in her movements. The song began to play. Her ears started to ring as if someone had banged a loud drum next to her, or as if someone had shot a gun nearby. She looked around her frantically, but it seemed like all of her motions were in slow motion. She couldn't spot Klaus from the crowd.

Estella felt sick to the stomach. Was that even possible for a vampire? She didn't know--but she felt like she was going to throw up. The dull ringing in her ears hadn't stopped, and she was starting to feel dizzy. One step at a time, she thought to herself. Slowly, Estella planted one foot in front of the other. She moved like a cat; wary and watchful, looking out for anything that could possibly attack her.

This is dedicated to the one I love.

The song, itself, was quite terrible. Was this the music Klaus thought she liked? Or did he pick this song knowing she would hate it? Or possibly it was the lyrics that were supposed to hit her deep. Maybe the slow melody? 

This is dedicated to the one I love.

Estella had too many questions. They were flying around in her brain, hitting against her skull, bouncing off one another. She clutched her head--the thoughts were giving her a headache. Estella couldn't take the madness anymore. She needed to shut the music off. She needed to shut her thoughts off.