TWENTY-SIX; DELUSION

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

TWENTY-SIX; DELUSION (S3E2)

_____

Estella's feet crunched the ground below her, silently cursing Klaus in her head for making her go on this, probably uneventful, trip. She was wearing expensive boots that were getting dirty due to the hands of "The Great Outdoors." She didn't want to be tracking werewolves, but she had to follow Klaus' orders.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan in a taunting voice.

"I'm fine," replied Stefan flatly.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down..." Klaus teased.

"You know, I get that we're, uh—we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan remarked.

"So much brooding," Klaus  commented with a hint of annoyance. "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's because we're a little tired of hunting werewolves," Estella spoke up, glaring at him. "We've only been at it all summer."

She scrunched up her nose when a fly buzzed past her. She waved her hands around, hoping it would go away. She scowled once it did, deciding she was never going to go outside again.

"Fucking nature," Estella muttered to herself.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack," Klaus stated as the trio stopped to see them. The werewolves were bustling about, obviously preparing for the full moon.

Stefan stalked forward, dropping Ray's body to the ground, making the people grow quiet. A woman ran up to Ray's unconscious body, worry plastered over her sweaty face. Estella sighed through her nose and stepped next to Stefan, her green eyes sweeping across the clearing to look at everyone.

"What's going on?" The woman asked, staring at the trio in confusion. "Who are you?"

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus," the hybrid greeted with a small smirk.

"You're the hybrid," the girl werewolf realized.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic," Klaus said, his smirk growing. Estella ran a hand down her face, knowing Klaus' ego was growing larger by the second.

_____

"It's fascinating, actually—a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid," Klaus stated. Estella leaned up against the rock Klaus was sitting on, her head resting on it. Her eyes glanced up at Klaus as he spoke, but looked away when he met her gaze.

Suddenly, Ray gasped, his body jolting forward and eyes snapping open. Estella glanced down at his body and sniffed slightly. She could already smell his transition.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic," Estella commented sarcastically.

"What's happening to me?" Ray panted out, looking to Klaus for answers.

"Stefan?" Klaus motioned for the vampire to take the lead.

He stood up, looking around the werewolves. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."