TWENTY-FOUR; ALL OF THE STARS

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) TWENTY-FOUR; ALL OF THE STARS

_____

As a child, Estella always had trouble sleeping. She would toss and turn, never being able to sleep. Her mother used to have to come in and tell her numerous bed-time stories in order to soothe her.

Once she grew out of bed-time tales, Estella would wander the house, humming tunes to herself. Her feet would carry her to many places in the house; the library being her favorite. Estella read many books during the nights she couldn't sleep, which were frequent.

Her brothers were concerned of their sister's lack of sleep, considering she sometimes did seem rather lethargic during the day, but she had always brushed them off.

Later, when Estella was married to Klaus, she had better sleep than before. However, some nights the blonde could not sleep, she would travel around their house in Rome (which is where they resided during her marriage). Klaus worried where Estella would go at nights, afraid she might run out and get captured. Estella constantly reassured him that she never went outside of their backyard, mainly sticking to simply walking around their large house and observing every nook and cranny.

Estella, although practically a genius, could never quite figure out why she was never able to get enough sleep. She, at first, thought it was purely scientific. Yet, Estella tested herself many times and the results always came out clean. Her next observation was that she was a restless person and didn't like staying in one place for long. If so, her body wanted to know where she was staying; what the atmosphere was like, the people who surrounded the place, what the workers were like, how late her "neighbors" stayed up, and so on. She was, in a sense, curious. She wanted to know every detail of the place.

Her sleep disorder was increasing while on the road trip with Klaus and Stefan. She figured it was because she was experiencing new places and she was simply uneasy.

Estella sighed as she stared up at the ceiling in front of her. The fan spun quickly, occasionally squeaking, causing the blonde to go nuts. She huffed and swung her legs over the bed. She let her feet carry her, let them drag her to her newest adventure.

Estella wandered around the motel, humming a song she heard on the radio. Her eyes scanned the small motel, finding it quaint. The people who ran it were old and feeble, yet Estella found it slightly cute that such an old couple could run a place like the motel. The people who stayed were mostly families wanting to escape their sweltering towns; or they were visiting relatives.

Estella discovered there was an ice machine near her room. The blonde walked over to it, pouring herself a cup of water and drinking it. She continued to hum as she leaned up against the large contraption, her eyes looking out at the stars.

"Love?" A tired voice questioned. 

Estella snapped her head in the direction of the male. He had on a t-shirt and a pair of sweats; his blonde hair was ruffled up and his eyes were hazy from sleep. "Oh, I didn't know you were following me," Estella muttered, her eyes looking down at the white styrofoam cup in her hands.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked her, his feet shuffling a little closer to the blonde.

"I can't sleep," Estella replied quietly as she leaned her head against the ice machine.

"So you walk around the entire motel?" Klaus questioned her.

"I don't appreciate you criticizing me. I couldn't sleep—the ceiling fan above me was incessantly squeaking and there was the hum of the ice machine," Estella snapped, feeling annoyed. "You have terrible taste in hotels and motels."