THIRTY-ONE; ALIVE AND KICKING

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

THIRTY-ONE; ALIVE AND KICKING (S3E6)

~

Estella walked into the woods, her Nikes (not heels, this time) crunching the leaves below her. Elena turned around to look at her, a small smile on her lips. She ran over to the blonde, wrapping her arms around her form. Estella looked shocked yet slowly hugged the doppelgänger back, the tiniest of a smile on her lips.

"I'm glad you're okay," Elena breathed and pulled back. "When you called me, saying that you got some of Klaus' blood, I nearly had a heart attack I was so happy."

"Well, I'm alive and kicking," Estella replied. "Speaking of kicking, let's get you started on this training."

Estella joined Alaric, giving him a nod, as Elena stood in front of a dummy. First Alaric showed Elena the movements to push the stakes into the dummy then handed the weapon with two stakes in it and a sleeve, motioning for her to slip it on.

"So the pressure of your punch ejects the stake," Alaric informed.

"Easy enough," Elena replied with a nod. She clenched her fist and punched the foam dummy. The stakes didn't eject, Elena's punch being too weak. Estella's lips twitched slightly as Elena tried it again, but it failing.

"That's weird," she muttered and tapped the weapon. "Must be jammed or something."

"You're not strong enough," Alaric stated. "Better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones."

"Thanks for not sugar-coating it," Elena remarked sarcastically.

Estella took something out of the black bag, waving it in the air. "You know what this is?" She asked.

"A vervain grenade. I've used one before," Elena responded.

"Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire," Estella declared. She pulled the pin out of the weapon and tossed it to Elena. "Surprise."

"Oh my god!" Elena caught it and threw it in the air, it shattering and making Estella step back so she wouldn't be hit.

"This isn't a joke to me," Elena snapped, glaring at the two of them. She angrily pulled off the sleeve and shoved it towards Estella.

"You think I'm joking? Vampires will take whatever they want. They will hurt whoever they want. And they'll do it without remorse," Alaric spat. "It's their nature."

"You don't have to use pronouns. You can say Stefan," Estella said to him with a raised eyebrow. She looked at him, making Alaric sigh. He quietly apologized for second-hand offending her before turning to Elena.

"Look, I get why you're here," Alaric declared. "Stefan hurt you. You don't want it to happen again."

"But you think that I'm crazy. To believe that I can protect myself from a vampire who's flipped the switch on his humanity," Elena remarked bitterly.

"I think you found a way to get out of bed this morning. And that makes you the strongest person I know," Alaric said, his voice slightly softer. "I think that you can do pretty much anything."