FORTY-FIVE; HAUNTED

GOAL: 10 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE!"

FORTY-FIVE; HAUNTED (S3E20)

~

Estella walked down the Mystic Falls High School with Caroline and Elena, helping Caroline check off everything. Rebekah wasn't there to manage, leaving Caroline to happily do her job.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked Elena, frowning at the clipboard.

"I just...I wish there was something I could do," Elena admitted. She picked up a fake chandelier, looking at the two blondes. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself," Caroline remarked snippily. She handed the chandelier to a student passing by. "Just no!"

Caroline turned to see Matt and Jeremy hanging stars. Estella rolled her eyes as another demand left the blonde's lips.

"What are you doing? You can't just hang them!" Caroline exclaimed incredulously. "They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh!" Matt remarked sarcastically to Jeremy.

"Look at them all bromancy," Estella teased, snickering.

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill," Elena informed them.

"That was nice of him," Caroline commented with a smile.

Estella fiddled with the sparkly decor around her as they talked.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out," Elena told them with a sigh.

"Looks like he's not the only one stressed," Estella noted, her eyes scanning Elena's tired figure.

Elena only smiled and shrugged in a "what-can-you-do" manner.

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked her with a sly smirk.

Estella raised an eyebrow at this. Elena sighed and offered an apologetic look, making Estella huff and turn away. She didn't like how Elena was off kissing Damon when she was clearly in love with Stefan. Elena glared at Caroline, noticing Estella's anger.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it," Elena scolded her.

"Aww, what are friends for?" Caroline teased. "So who are you bringing to the dance?"

Elena grabbed a boa and wrapped it around her neck, turning to Caroline in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked her. "I thought you, Bonnie, Estella, and I were going as girl dates."

"Hm, Bonnie has a date," Estella told her.

"What?" Elena questioned, bewildered.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him," Caroline explained to the doppelgänger. Elena furrowed her eyebrows, frowning slightly because Bonnie hadn't told her.

"So, here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?" Estella suggested. Caroline nodded rapidly in agreement.

"I can't ask him on a date, I just made out with his brother," Elena protested.

"All the more reason!" Caroline encouraged. "Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want, that's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?"

"Yeah, but--"