3

THIRD PERSON

"Emmy, slow the fuck down!" Leo screeched, one hand gripping the door handle as the other clung to his seatbelt for dear life. Emilio was a fucking psychopath behind the wheel.

How in the fuck did this boy ever managed to secure a drivers license, Leo had no idea. If he had to guessing, knowing Emilio as well as he did throughout the duration of their nearing fourteen year friendship, he'd say Emmy must've bribed the driving examiner with sexual favours.

It sounded cruel, but it was also a very Emilio thing to do.

The bribe, not the following through with said bribe.

"Calm down, amore," Emilio took a hand off the wheel and rested it on the back of the passenger headrest, a lazy grin on his lips.

Leo needed to loosen up, the speed could be thrilling if he gave it the chance. Fear was like fire, it could warm the house or burn it down. Do we just live in the cold forever because we're too scared to venture out of the box we've been shoved into our entire lives?

"I'm a highly skilled and experienced driver," Emilio added, hoping to soothe his besties anxieties.

"Oh you are?" Leo let out a laugh which was quickly followed by a squeal as Emilio swerved ti avoid a pothole. Highly skilled my ass. "Experienced? You've been driving for what... a whole six weeks?"

"Don't put me down," Emilio pouted, pulling his hand away from the headrest to twirl the curls at the back of Leo's head. "You're just jealous that I can drive and you can't."

"Got it in one, Emmy. I'm so fucking jealous," he rolled his eyes, subconsciously leaning into the touch. "Your driving is going to get us killed."

"Weren't you gonna kill yourself anyway?" Emilio countered, jokingly, remembering the statement he'd heard that afternoon.

The same statement Emilio heard more times than he'd have liked.

"Yes, myself— me! Not you, and not because of you and your shit driving skills."

"You die, I die, amore." Emilio squeezed his nape and added. "Insult my driving skills one more time, I dare you."

He was not a shitty driver.

A horn honked and Leo snapped.

"Get your fucking hands on the wheel, Emilio!"

Emilio, no Emmy. He was really in the bad books.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." Emilio apologised, taking his hand away from touching the boy beside him and gripped the wheel tightly with both hands. He glanced at Leo with a sheepish smile. "Don't call me Emilio."

"It's literally your name, Emilio."

"You never call me by my full name, Leo."

Emmy was right, as much as it pained Leo to admit. Leo slipping from his lips didn't have the same effect on his heart as amore did.

Of course, Leo was too stubborn to admit it out loud.

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't."

"Do."

"Don't."

"Whatever." Leo caved first, there was no point in arguing with Emilio, the boy never gave up and giving up was something that lingered a little too close to Leo's heart. "What would you like me to call you if not your name?"