15

Trigger warning;
Mentions of SA

Leo was in a daze.

The whispers overloading his mind, pushing him to the brinks of near-insanity. Fighting for his attention, whether that be to taunt him, or to comfort him, he wasn't sure.

Most likely the former.

He couldn't seem to focus on the world around him, everything was just so... fuck, he doesn't even know. It felt like a dream, or maybe it would be better described as a nightmare.

How could one person, have so much bad luck? Is it even a case of ill luck, or is it simply stupidity and naivety?

Are any of his friends, truly his friend? Or would they all just hurt him. Lately, Leo feels as though the worlds against him, as is everyone in it.

Maya.

She'd been one of Leo's closest friends for over a year. He'd always felt somewhat at ease around her, he didn't feel the need to shy away and hide in his comfortable shell of little-to-no emotion. The same shell he'd grown accustomed to around his siblings over the years.

Leo trusted her, and she used that trust to her advantage, just as Marco had.

She's just like him.

So what is trust? Is it real, or is it simply make-believe? Can anyone ever be granted your whole unwavering faith, or do we simply feel obligated to trust those around us, based solely on the small dabbles goodness they choose to show.

Maya had never given Leo a reason to doubt her, not until tonight, not until she broke him further than he knew possible.

Just how damaged did Leo have to become, before he broke completely?

His shell of comfort sounded like a dream to him right now. Leo wanted nothing more than to curl himself away, to hide himself from the world and all the darkness in it. But even then, could Leo ever hide from the darkness within himself?

He didn't think so.

The incident in the closet had brought flashbacks to his mind, the similarities Maya shared with those of Marco were truly frightening. The words she spoke, the way she held him, the way she touched him, the way she belittled his feelings, everything, all of it.

Every little thing.

"Leo?" Jack said softly, coaxing the younger from his never-ending inner turmoil. Blue meeting blue as their gazes locked, the pain in his younger brothers eyes, feeling worse than a bullet to the chest. And in no way was that statement theoretical, Jack knew this for a fact. "What can I do? How can I help you?" He whispered, his hand squeezing Leo's tightly, as the helplessness in him grew.

"I told her to stop." Leo choked, his eyes feeling dry, confusing him as the dampness never strayed from his cheeks. "She wouldn't stop, why wouldn't she stop?" He whispered, his question more-so directed to himself.

Pathetic.

"I'm going to fucking kill her." Carter fumed, staring at his brothers broken form. The vein in his neck throbbing as a need, or should he say lust, for blood consumed him.

The other boys stood silent, unsure of what do to or what to say. Each of them felt waves of anger, all stemming from the sheer pain in Leo's gaze, the pure destruction Maya had caused.

"Leo, bambino." Callan cooed softly, "What do you want to do? I can call Zac, we can report her for this." He feebly asked, this whole situation making him feel well-and-truly powerless. 

Leo shook his head, "I don't want Zac to know, I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Le," Alex knelt beside his brothers hunched figure. "She needs to face the consequences, she assaulted you. We should call the police."