22

Trigger warning;
Mentions of Drugs,
Violence and blood.

Carter's airborne fist connected with Marco's jaw, a sickening crack echoing in the air at the sheer force of the contact.

"Watch your fucking mouth." Carter seethed, delivering a harsh kick to Marco's ribs as he stood. "Dirty fucking rat."

"Le, are you okay?" Jack whispered, his hand gripping Leo's forearm tightly. "Is it true? What he said... have you been taking drugs?" He asked, keeping his voice low as not to allow their older brothers to overhear.

Leo didn't see the point in lying, it was obvious to him that Jack already knew the answer to his own question. He nodded weekly, casting his tear filled eyes to the floor as Jack let out a shaky exhale.

He hates you.

Jack closed his eyes taking a few moments to calm his inner guilt. He should've noticed, he should've paid more attention.

"Can I hug you?"

Jack's question caused Leo to frown, why would he want to hug me? Isn't he disgusted? A small part of Leo wanted to refuse him, to tell him no, but he couldn't. Leo needed some form of comfort right now, just for a moment.

Always just a moment.

As Leo gave a weak nod, Jack wasted to time in pulling the younger boy into his arms, cadging him in his warm embrace. Jack could feel his own eyes tearing up as Leo softly whimpered into the crook of his neck.

Running his hand through his younger brothers curls, Jack whispered softly. "It's okay Le, everything's gonna be okay. I'm here, I've got you and I promise to never let you go. Okay? La famiglia è per sempre."

His pronunciation was absolutely dreadful, but Leo knew exactly what Jack had said, his words easing some of the anxiety in his chest.

Family is forever.

Leo just hoped his other siblings felt the same.

-

Marco groaned as he pulled himself from the floor, spitting out a mouthful of blood, he turned to Leo. "Are you gonna tell them the truth Le?"

Marco wanted Leo to crumble, he wanted all of the younger boys fears to become reality. If they knew the truth, if they knew just how dependant on drugs Leo was... Marco believed they'd abandon him, leaving the youngest Lombardi with only him as comfort.

"I'm gonna throw up." Atlas mumbled, drawing all eyes to him.

"Oh my god, the blood." Emilio wanted to smack his own forehead, how could he forget about Atlas' phobia?

Atlas turned a sickly shade of white with undertones of green, his eyes never leaving the crimson liquid on the floor. "Eli... I'm gonna—"

Atlas passed out.

He never faired well with any form of blood, all thanks to Elliot and red velvet cupcakes.

"Atlas!" Enzo screeched.

"Oh shit." Elliot thankfully caught his younger brother before he hit the floor. Pulling off his sweater, he propped it under Atlas' head before gently laying him down.

"Shouldn't he go to the nurse?" Ace asked, the other boys nodding in agreement, all bar Leo and Emilio. Atlas had done this often, even a small nose bleed could knock him out cold.

"Na, he'll be fine." Elliot waved him off. "I wanna see what's gonna happen next." He admitted, ignoring the glares his friends sent him. "Ati is gonna be so sad that he missed this."