10

—Trigger Warning—
Mentions of; Sexual assault| Rape.

"Can we talk?"

Leo turned to Jack, a sigh escaping his lips as he did. He'd managed to avoid his blonde brother for days now, unable to think of a feasible excuse for his ever so cryptic statement. Couldn't Jack just let it go? Why did he care so much... why did he care at all?

Leo wasn't worth it, why couldn't he see that?

"I'm kinda busy." Leo mumbled, his eyes trained to his book.

Jack rolled his eyes, bullshit. "You're sitting in the library, when you should be in class. I'd hardly call that busy."

Closing his book, making sure to memorise the page number of-course, Leo rubbed the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger. He wasn't nervous about this chat, not really. His mind was simply blank, his emotionless self coming back into play.

"What do you want to talk about Jack?" Leo asked, staring at the blonde with an eyebrow raised.

"You know what I want to talk about." Jack said softly.

"Can you just forget what I said, please?"

Jack shook his head, pulling out the chair to Leo's right, he sat down. "I can't forget it, I need to know what you meant."

"I don't even remember what I said." Leo lied.

"Sure you don't." Jack kissed his teeth, he had no idea how to word his next question. Moving his eyes across the room, making sure there were no prying eyes or ears, he asked, "Has someone been hurting you?"

"Jack, just forget it." Leo stated, his tone more firm than it was before. Jack was really starting to piss him off, why can't anyone do what he wanted?

"Has someone been hurting you?" The blonde repeated, unfazed by Leo's rising anger.

If someone had hurt his brother, he was going to make them pay. And if someone had hurt him in ways Jack already knew, then he would kill them, simple as that.

Leo couldn't contain his rage, Jack was pushing on his boundaries, those same boundaries that had been pushed one too many times.

"How would you feel if someone continued to question you about your dad, when you weren't ready, hm? You wouldn't like it would you? No, so fucking drop it." He fumed in anger.

Fuck why did he say that, what the fuck has he done.

How could he be so cruel?

This wasn't Jack's fault, it was his own. Leo had no right to take it out on anyone else, least of all Jack.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Leo said frantically, god why did he always fuck everything up, why did he always hurt those who meant the most to him? "Fuck! I.. I'm not ready to talk about it Jack, please just let it go."

Pathetic.

"You shouldn't have said that." Jack agreed with a frown, his hands trembling just at the mere thought of his father. "I'm not going to force you to talk about it Le." Jack paused. "But, can you please just tell me if it is what I think it is? Is it..." he swallowed thickly, praying his thoughts were wrong. "Is it more than violence?"

Leo chewed on his lip nervously, swallowing painfully as the lump in his throat grew bigger, could he tell him?

Jack wouldn't judge him, would he? He'd understand. No, no, no, how the fuck could Leo be so stupid? Jack wouldn't understand, this situation is completely different from his.
Leo didn't deny Marco's first kiss, he didn't try hard enough to stop him from doing more.