32

Trigger Warning;
Mentions of suicide,
Mental illness,
ED | SA | Rape.

The sound of Leo's hospital room door opening had Emilio lifting his head and clutching Leo's hand tighter.

He watched in amusement as Atlas barrelled through the door way, tripping over his own two feet as he did, catching himself on the edge of Leo's bed before tripping once again, face planting to the floor.

Only Atlas.

"Ouch, you motherfucker." He groaned loudly, lifting his hand to rub his forehead.

"Shhhhh!" Emilio scolded rather dramatically, dragging the 'h' out.

Atlas pulled himself to a sitting position, his eyes narrowed at Emilio mockingly. "Oh sorry," He responded, his tone laced with sarcasm. "It's not like I'm gonna wake him up, is it?" He huffed with an eye roll, internally scolding himself for his choice of words.

Stupid, stupid, stupid—

"Hey! That's not funny." Em's gaze hardened, causing Atlas to lift his hands in a means to surrender, a sheepish look on his face. "What are you doing in here, is someone coming?"

"No. The corridor was packed with nurses, so I thought it be best if I hid out in here with you." He paused, glancing between Emilio and their unconscious friend. What if Em didn't want him in here? "Is that okay?"

"Pull up a chair." Em said, gesturing with a nod to the open space beside him. He wouldn't banish Atlas from Leo's room, he wasn't that cruel.

Atlas done as said and pulled the spare seat next to Emilio. Resting his hand on Leo's ankle, he turned to his raven haired friend. "Did you say everything you needed to say?" He asked carefully, unsure if he was overstepping.

"Yeah." Em blew out a breath. "I'll tell him again though, when he wakes up." If he wakes up.

"He will." Atlas whispered, ignoring Emilio's confused glance, he rested his head on the edge of the hospital bed, a short yawn escaping him. "You winced slightly as you said 'when'" He clarified softly.

"Oh," Emilio nodded, understanding now how his friend knew what he was thinking. Resting his head on Leo's thigh, he turned to Atlas with a look of nervousness. "You think he will, like for sure?" He asked shyly, desperately seeking some form of reassurance.

Atlas gave him a small smile, knowing exactly how his friend was feeling. His eyes glanced to Leo before returning to Emilio. "I'm positive he will. If anyone's strong enough to overcome this, it's Leo." He paused, exhaling a low breath. "Look, I know you all think I'm dumb—"

Emilio went to cut in and confirm that he didn't think Atlas was dumb, he knew it for a fact. "I—"

"Don't interrupt me." Atlas cut him off, closing his eyes as he continued, "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," He dramatically said, drawing out his words, which in turn had Emilio rolling his eyes. "I know you all think I'm dumb and granted sometimes I am, but I'm not blind, Milo." He yawned loudly, smacking his lips together like a toddler.

Emilio stared at Atlas expectantly, waiting for him to continue with his statement, eager to find out what he wanted to say. Blind to what? "Ati?"

Nothing.

"Atlas,"

Still nothing.

Soft snores filled Emilio's ears, the sound confirming his thoughts that his friend had fallen asleep. Rolling his eyes, Em snuggled his head deeper into Leo's side, trust Atlas to fall asleep in the middle of -what sounded like- an important statement.