74

A/N: I listened to the artic monkeys - I wanna be yours when I wrote this and it has to be my favourite eleo song.

L E O

2:45PM, Saturday March 18th—

My pulse throbs all the way from my toes, to my fingers, and lastly, my neck. It's hard and heavy, I can hear the rhythmic beat pulsating in my ear drums as my mind, body and soul become simultaneously enthralled by him.

The skin around his stormy eyes crinkle as I whisper his name. His smile lights up brighter than I thought could've been possible; like a million shinning stars dazzling the sky in a dark night; alluringly beautiful, as always.

"Amore," I swallow thickly, unsure of why I feel so dizzy. It's been weeks since I've seen him, only hearing that nickname, the one I pretend to hate but secretly love, over the phone. It's not the same, hearing him and seeing him... I feel like I'm in some sort of dream.

Emilio takes a step forward, hand reaching towards me. I don't move, nor do I flinch. I want him to touch me, to hold me in his arms and tell me that everything will be okay. He's been the only person that I've known since before my parents death who's never once let me down. I trust him with every fibre of who I am.

Emilio's hand brushes my cheek, my eyes flutter as his fingers flatten against my skin. His forehead comes to rest against mine, our breaths merging into one as he inhales and exhales shaky, staggering breaths.

"I've missed you so much." There's so much emotion in his words — so much love, and care, and pain. He makes me feel everything I've been told I'm not worthy of feeling.

"I've missed you more, Em." I place my trembling hand to my cheek, resting it against his. "So much more."

He chuckles softly, tiling his head as he brushes his lips against my forehead. "I like your hair." He mumbles against my skin, his free hand running across the shortened strands of brown. "It's very you."

"Short and stumpy?"

"Hm, I was thinking more along the lines of edgy or cool." His voice turns teasing. "But sure, short and stumpy works, too."

He takes a short step back, his other hand sliding down from my head as he rests his palm against my other cheek, tilting my face up to meet his gaze. He runs his eyes all around me, unashamed as he takes in every inch of my skin.

"God, you can really pull off any look, can't you?" He shakes his head, as if in awe. A grateful smile curves on his lips, one that I don't quite understand. "I feel like I'm at an art exhibit, like I should be paying some sort of fee just to stare at you."

"Shut up, Emmy," I push him away, turning before he can see the colour that heats my cheeks. He always has to say stupid, flirty shit in hopes of getting a reaction from me. "Stop teasing me."

His arms loop around me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder as he begins to sway our bodies from side to side.

"I'm not teasing you, amore." His breath fans against my skin making me shiver. I twist my head and meet his unwavering gaze, raising an eyebrow as if to say bullshit. "I swear, Le. I could look at you all day and never get tired of your pretty face." He kisses my cheek, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Your attitude on the other hand... if I could mute you, I would."