33

After speaking with Dr Owens and going over the next steps of Leo's possible diagnosis and recovery, Zac and the boys returned to the waiting area.

As they entered the fluorescent lit room, they found both Jack and Alex sitting with the twins - who were now awake - and Ryan, whilst Enzo and Elliot slept soundly, sprawled across the uncomfortable chairs. Their eyes drifted to the left, three seats down from the boys sat Lily and the surprising addition of her boyfriend, Rafe.

"Hey guys," Ryan greeted tiredly, with a lazy smile. "Dakota's gone to see Grey." He informed them, receiving multiple nods in return.

Callan didn't acknowledge Ryan's words, his eyes focused on his little sisters boyfriend as his brows fell to a frown. "Lily," He said, gaining her attention whilst nodding his head to the side, gesturing for her to follow him.

Lily turned to him, her own brows furrowing as she complied with his slight demand. Giving Rafe a soft smile, she followed both Callan and Zac to the edge of the waiting area, away from the prying ears of their siblings and friends.

The boys gazed at them with confusion, each wondering why Callan was pulling Lily away. Too fatigued and mentally drained to intervene, they simply took their seats. They'd find out eventually.

Ace took Lily's now unoccupied space beside Rafe, sharing a fist bump and strained smile with his best friend, whilst Carter and Charlie took their seats to the left of Jack and Alex.

"Is Leo okay? Can we see him?" Lily rushed as the trio came to a stop, fully missing the unpleased look on Callan's face.

"We can see him soon." Zac confirmed with a light nod, his eyes carefully watching Callan's expression.

"Why is Rafe here?"

Frowning, Lily turned to Callan lifting her head to meet his gaze. "I called him." She said slowly, tilting her head to the left like a lost puppy. "Why?"

"What exactly did you say to him?" He asked in a clipped tone, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"I, ugh, told him what happened." Her frown deepened as her confusion grew. "Is that a problem?" She asked lowly, her eyes somewhat narrowing at Callan.

Why did it matter?

"Yes, it is." Callan said sharply. Whilst his tone was clipped, his eyes remained soft. With a sigh, he ran his thumb along his stubble coated jaw. "This is Leo's business, Lil. This should've been kept between us, at least until we've spoken with Leo and asked how he feels about other people knowing."

Callan wasn't angry as such, disappointed would be the word he'd use to describe his current feelings. Leo had been through a lot of trauma, possibly more than they even knew about. Scratch that; a lot more than what they knew. The last thing he needed when he woke, if he woke, was for people to know of his attempt and then to question his reasonings.

The world was cruel and people loved nothing more than to gossip and share stories. They didn't care how their words - whether they be true or false - would effect those involved.

If Rafe had accidentally shared this news with anyone, Callan feared that Leo wouldn't be able to handle being the centre piece of high school gossip. The funny looks, cruel jokes and whispers behind your back... Leo wouldn't cope.

"Rafe isn't other people, Cal." Lily huffed softly, crossing her arms over her chest she gazed up at her elder brother. "He's Leo's friend, he's my boyfriend. Heck, he's your girlfriends brother. Sofia knows so why can't he?"

"Sofia doesn't know."

Wide eyed, Lily paused, her arms falling to her sides. "She doesn't? Why not?"