42

T H I R D P E R S O N

"Someone might want to check him over," Ace said nonchalantly as he gazed at his older brother and Dr Owens. "I think he might've hit his head." He nodded towards Atlas, whom Ace knew was absolutely fine, he just needed more time to think of an excuse for their very strange predicament.

Did Zac see us leave the closet? I fucking hope not. Ace thought to himself, curling his hands into fists. Minus Leo, whom had caught him in a very compromising position with Ati, he'd yet to share his sexuality with any of his brothers. It wasn't that he thought they'd judge him, of course he knew they wouldn't. Ace simply wasn't ready.

Fucking Atlas. This was all his fault.

"Was he feeling faint?" Dr Owens asked, bending down to assess the boy. Confusion taking over his features as he gazed at Atlas' attire. "And why is he dressed in scrubs?"

"Yes, Ace." Zac added, his eyes narrowing at his younger brother. "Please tell?"

"He wasn't feeling faint, the blood on his clothes freaked him out." Ace nodded towards the crimson soaked staff member, purposely avoiding the second question and Zac's gaze for that matter.

"He's fine," Dr Owens sighed, gently pulling Atlas into a seating position and placing him against the wall. "And the scrubs?"

"We were... playing dress up?" Ace stammered. It was a stupid excuse, he knew that, but he had no fucking clue why Atlas was in scrubs to begin with. Not that he minded, not at all.

The scrubs fit Atlas very well, in Ace'a opinion. They were slightly baggy, but also snug in all the right places. And the lack of buttons was an added bonus, making it very fucking easy for Ace to pull them down. Giving him the perfect view of Atlas' toned creamy thighs and tight fitting black boxer shorts. Maybe he should buy Atlas a pair and they could repeat exactly what they done in that closet. Or maybe they could do even more, venture to the places they'd yet to dabble in, places Ace was desperate to go.

Very fucking desperate.

"Dress up?" Zac echoed, kissing his teeth, he folded his arms over his chest. "Ace, I swear to god—"

"Now, now, Zac." Ace tutted loudly, "what did God do?"

"Non essere un culo intelligente," Zac warned, his tone cold. "Tell me the truth."

Ace shrank slightly, Zac was much more angry than he'd imagined. "I told you already, we were playing — "

"Dress up. Yes, you've said." The elder clicked his tongue, "and I don't believe you. You're seventeen, not seven."

Ace rolled his eyes, shrugging as he plopped his shades back on. "You're never too old to express yourself, Zachary."

Seeing Zac's face redden in anger had Ace regretting his words in an instant. Did that mean he'd take the words back? No. Ace was far too proud to admit when he was in the wrong. Unless your name was Leo, or, well... Atlas, you would not receive a sorry from him. Whether it was deserved or not.

"Ace — "

"Holy heck, I feel like shit." Atlas groaned, cutting off Zac's next words, which Ace presumed would be an angry scolding.