96: part 2| ELEO

L E O

There was a lingering smell of spring in the air; like freshly mown grass and wild flowers and soft hints of the sweetest honeysuckle. I inhaled greedily, savouring every inch of the familiar scent that brought back the most fondest of memories I owned.

It was intoxicatingly comforting, as if someone had wrapped me up in the most loving hug and teleported me back in time; back to when I was that same awe-struck ten year old kid.

"Emmy?" I whispered, my shaky voice sounding far too soft to be my own.

"Hm?" Emilio hummed from his place behind me. His hands, that were working as a makeshift blindfold, trembled against my eyes.

He's nervous?

The thought made my insides turn to a pile of mush, a blissful feeling of accomplishment settling in. In all the years I've known him, which has been more or less the majority of both our lives, I've never witnessed Emilio as anything other than sure of himself.

He was cocky, in an arrogantly sweet sort of way.

The fact that I could make him nervous, me of all people. It was exhilarating.

"You can remove your hands now." I told him, trying and failing to remove the smile from my voice as I lifting my hands, rested them against his wrists.

"Not yet," he argued, pulling me back so that my back rested flush against his chest. I swallowed thickly, it felt like his heart fused itself to the curves of my body, like a missing puzzle piece, stuttering it's nervous unrhythmic beats against my spine.

"But I know where we are." I let out an almost breathless laugh, my own heart rate increasing. I closed my eyes, despite them being covered, and tilted my head back so that it half rested on his shoulder.

"Of course you do." Emilio mumbled. I knew without looking he was rolling his eyes.

Pressing a kiss to my temple, he lowered his hands from my eyes to my shoulders and spun my body to face his. I raised my eyebrows when his palms came to rest on the apples of my cheeks, squishing them till my lips puckered like a blowfish.

"Who told you?" He weakly demanded, grey eyes roaming my face. "Was it Lil? Atlas?" I lightly shook my head, grinning up at him as best I could with my smooshed cheeks.

"Who? I swear to—" he paused abruptly and pressed his thumbs into the edges of my lips, his own mouth curving upwards as he spoke. "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

I wanted to tell him that this was the way I always imagined myself smiling at him in my head. Through the years, on the days where my thoughts were too loud and my expressions wore weak; to the point that trying to fake a smile made my heart ache, this smile was reserved in my heart for him until now, until I was fully able to give it.

Feeling overly flustered, I kept my thoughts to myself and smacked his hands away from my blistering cheeks. "No one told me anything, dumbass." I hollowed my cheeks, trying and evidently failing to hide the blush his state of awe had stirred. "I could just tell. It smells the same." I raised my shoulders in a weak shrug, smile never fading.

"Oh, how very romantic." Emilio groaned and dropped his forehead against mine, smile matching my own. "Good to know the smell of shit gave it away for you, amore."