Chapter Two: You are Way Hotter then Scott McCall

Setting her feet on her brother's desk, Ayla leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling, bored out of her mind. School had ended almost four hours ago and she saw her brother for less than a minute before he raced out on a call.

"You must be Ayla." The redhead looked up at the man before her. He looked much older than the other officers at the station and significantly more tired as well. "I'm Sheriff Stilinski."

"Did my brother tell you to check in on me?" Ayla asked.

The sheriff shook his head. "Nope, I just noticed you've been here for a while and I was wondering if you needed anything. Like water or something to eat."

Ayla wasn't used to being cared for. It was just her and her father back home ever since Jordan went to the army when she was 10 and her mother died a few years later. Ayla had been taking care of herself ever since.

"No thanks, I'm good."

The sheriff gave her a slight nod before heading back into his office.

At that point Ayla was bored out of her mind. Having already finished her homework and snooped through her brother's entire desk, there was nothing left for her to do but sit there and eavesdrop on the conversations around her.

Apparently, there was some drama going on with the sheriff. According to the gossip that Ayla had heard, Sheriff Stilinski hadn't done the best job as sheriff and an FBI agent came to town to try and get him fired for not solving any murder cases.

That was another thing!

There had apparently been a ton of murders in the last year and no one could solve any of the cases. Jordan would surely get an ear full from the girl for that one. How could her father think this town would be a great place for her when there were killers running around?

On the desk next to her, there was a file some officer left there for her brother. Unattended. What's the harm in just looking? Ayla thought to herself.

Glancing around to make sure no one was watching, Ayla reached over and grabbed the file, opening it and instantly regretting it as the first thing she saw was a mutilated corpse. It wasn't the first time she had seen a dead body but it was a sight Ayla would never get used to.

Despite her discomfort, Ayla continued to flip through the pictures until she got to the case write-up that gave all the details of the incident.

The victim and her two daughters had been killed in a car accident, their bodies were scratched almost beyond recognition by some kind of animal. It took the police three days to find them. Ayla was so deep into reading the case that she didn't notice the boy standing in front of her holding a large bouquet of flowers.

The redhead jumped when she finally noticed him watching her. "What the hell man!" She quickly closed the file.

"What are you doing with that case file?" Stiles asked the girl.

Shrugging, Ayla said "I got bored and found it." That's when she also noticed the large vase of flowers the boy was holding. Ayla put her hand on her chest, acting shocked. "Flowers, for me, you shouldn't have."

Looking down at the vase then back at the new girl, he said, "I didn't actually. You shouldn't be reading those files, those are confidential."

Ayla raised a brow at Stiles, and almost chuckled to herself. "Like you've never stolen a file from your father."

The boy shook his head, "Not that I can recall no."

Ayla dramatically dropped the folder on the desk and stood up, walking up close to the boy. "You never, in your life, took a case file you shouldn't have? Never listened in on a conversation your dad was having about a case? Never in your life?"