Chapter Fifty-One: Archangels

"We have to go to the tunnels," Ayla informed Kyler as she tucked her red hair into a high ponytail. Adjusting the straps to the holsters that held her daggers, Ayla yelled to Kyler, "Take a left!"

Due to the delayed directions, Kyler took a sharp turn, causing Ayla to grab onto the handle above her head to keep from falling over. He had barely put the car in park before Ayla was jumping out, daggers in hand to help her friends.

Kyler followed suit down the ladder that led them to the dark tunnels.

"I can barely see anything," Ayla complained, going to pull out her phone for light.

"Don't worry, I got it." Kyler held out his hand in front of them, light shined from his palms, illuminating the way for them.

"How did you do that?" Ayla asked, turning to the boy.

"I figured it was worth a try." Kyler smiled, continuing to walk forward. Like Ayla, his powers came naturally to him. All he had to do was think about what he wanted to do and he did it.

The sound of gunfire and growling is what told the two they were headed in the right direction. Picking up their speed, they ran into the fight as soon as they could.

"Jordan!" Ayla called out to her brother who was currently lit up in his flames, fighting hand-to-hand with the Beast. Chris Argent quickly grabbed the teens and pulled them into a small crevice in the wall where he and his father were hiding.

"What the hell are you doing? Go help him!" Ayla yelled to the men but before she was able to intervene Chris Argent pulled her back again.

"If you do, you could get killed."

But there was another person who could help, who could put himself in danger and survive it.

Kyler Adam's light brown eyes were overcome by a sparking deep golden color as he began to work up his powers. Argent hadn't had enough time to grab the boy as he walked out of the hiding space. As Jordan was thrown against the wall, letting out a yell, Kyler stood before the Beast, holding his arms out as white light began to fill the tunnel, illuminating the boy's hands again. Ayla had to shield her eyes as Kyler threw his arm out as if throwing a ball.

White light burst from his hand, hitting the Beast straight on.

Letting out a yelp, it covered its face where Kyler hit it over and over with the balls of light. This gave Jordan enough time to rush the Beast and was able to throw the monster down the tunnel before he and Kyler went running after it.

"What the hell was that?" Gerard asked.

"That would be an Archangel," Ayla explained before trying to follow them.

Argent grabbed her arm again, stopping her. "I am not letting you go off on your own."

Shrugging him off Ayla turned to him with a glare. "That is my brother and my friend you just saw fighting a huge ass Beast. I am not letting them do it alone." Just as Ayla finished her thought a scream carried out through all the tunnels. A shout that Ayla quickly identified to be Lydia Martin's.

Ayla's body instantly froze as the scream ran through her. The hairs on her neck stood, feeling for her friends, trying to see what was happening. "Scott and Liam are hurt. Theo has them and Lydia is lost somewhere in the tunnels."

Argent looked over his shoulder before turning back to Ayla. "Alright, come on, let's find them."

Despite Gerard's protests, the three went searching for them.

From what Ayla had felt, the boys had been paralyzed by Kanama venom, unable to move but when she came across Scott and Liam, they were talking down to a more injured Theo. An older man, Ayla, later found out later to be Deucalion, knelt before the boy, saying something Ayla couldn't quite hear.