Chapter Nineteen: The List

The Walcott family was the first. At least the first that they know about.

Four murders.

Sean, his brother, and their parents.

They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute whose weapon of choice is a military tomahawk, but then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine.

Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house and got decapitated outside his car. And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson.

The Dead Pool which was transcribed by Lydia Martin, was cracked using a keyword or a key name.

Allison.

Her name broke a third of the list. The group of teens believes there are two other cipher keys, which will give them the rest of the names. Lydia spent the entire rest of the weekend at the lake house in the soundproof white room trying to listen for the other names, only she came up with nothing.

It wasn't till Kira, Ayla and Malia pulled her from the spot in front of the record player on Sunday night did she finally take a break.

The numbers next to the names meant how much each person was worth, they figured once they got the full list of names, the total amount that all the supernatural creatures would be worth, would total up to 117 million.

The same 117 million that was stolen from the Hale Family volt.

Come Monday all that the students were talking about was Lydia's party and the scrimmage game the lacrosse team was playing against Devenport Prep high school, their rival. The same school that Liam had been kicked out of.

Coach was babbling about Economic disparity, which most of the students weren't listening to as Ayla sat spinning a pen in her hand. Coach carried a lacrosse stick, linking the lack of funding for the school's sports to the topic they were learning about.

He walked down the aisle to where Stiles was sitting at his desk, a large amount of crime scene photos in front of him that he had stolen from his father. Most of the photos are of mutilated and bloody bodies. Ayla had made a joke about how when they first met Stiles had told her that he would never steal a file from his father, yet here he was with a stolen file.

Coach banged on the boy's desk to get his attention, causing Stiles and Ayla to both jump at the sound as Ayla was sitting right in front of the boy.

"You know, Stilinski, if I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you'd be an A-plus student."

"Thanks, Coach."

"I don't think that was a compliment," Ayla chuckled to herself.

"Put those pictures away." Just as Coach went to walk back to the front of the room to continue his lecture, Stiles grabbed the end of the lacrosse stick. "Stilinski!" Coach yelled.

The two went back and forth pulling at the stick. Stiles examines it very closely and compares it to something in the crime scene photos before finally letting the stick go, and Coach let out a huff. "The hell is wrong with you? Don't answer that."

"What?" Ayla asked, turning around in her seat.

Scott, who was sitting to the right of the boy, was also intrigued. "It's a lacrosse player. The killer's on the team," Stiles explained to the two.

He put it together after realizing the marks that were left on Carrie's body were in a similar shape to that of the end of a lacrosse stick.

After class the three and Kira raided the equipment room, looking for any sign that the deadly stick was in there.