Chapter Thirty-Four: Breaking and Entering

"I wouldn't worry too much about it," Lydia assured the girl as Mrs. Finch continued to pass out their graded test from the day before. "Stiles definitely wouldn't pressure you into doing something you're not ready for." Ayla nodded.

"I know, it's just... it's not that I don't want to do it with Stiles but it's kinda intimidating, ya know?"

Mrs. Finch set her test in front of the girl. No shocker that 90% was written in red at the top of Ayla's test.

"A 90%?" Lydia asked. "We both know you could have done better."

Ayla nodded. "I figured a 100 was too high for our first test so I dialed it back a bit."

"Well if you are competing with me for valedictorian, you're gonna have to do better."

Ayla chuckled, stuffing her test into her bag. "Don't worry Lydia, that's all you."

"Nice to see where your priorities are, Scott," Mrs. Finch compliments Scott, giving back his test with one of the other highest grades in the class. "Since you have such a good grasp of the subject, how about you lead us in a review of last night's reading?"

Scott's face went pale as he looked over to Kira then Lydia and Ayla. None of them had done the reading. They were too busy answering police questions.

"Uh... Sure." The boy went to flip through the highlighted pages of his textbook until his eyes fell on Liam standing in the doorway.

Ayla felt a tingle run up her back as she looked at the younger boy. Her palms began to sweat and her heart rate increased, signifying that something was wrong.

"Scott?" Mrs. Finch tried to pull his attention back to what she had asked.

"Sorry, just looking for the page," he lied before discreetly signaling for Liam to speak because he was listening with his super hearing.

What no one else heard was Liam telling Scott that Tracy Stewart was here in the building, in his history class. The same Tracy Stewart that was wanted by police for murder.

"Pull the fire alarm," Scott whispered to Liam.

Said boy did what he was told and soon the fire alarm went off causing all the students to flood out of the classes and into the hall. The perfect distraction.

"They're taking her to the Animal Clinic?" Ayla asked as the girls met up with Liam after the fire drill. The her, in question being Tracy of course.

He nodded. "Yeah, to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her."

"What's wrong with her is that she killed two people," Lydia whispered, "Her father and, according to Parrish, her psychiatrist."

"Isn't there anyone else we can talk to?" Kira asked the young boy who was just as clueless as them. "Does she still have her mom? Any family?"

Lydia's eyes widened as she realized something, "Alpha. If she's a werewolf, she has an Alpha, right?"

"Great, anyone know if a new one's moved into Beacon Hills?" Ayla asked.

Kira shook her head. "No, but there's an old one. One of the oldest. We know her."

While Liam and Mason went to talk to Bret, another young werewolf from Devenford Prep, about his pack and his Alpha, the girls went to Tracy's house to see if they could figure anything out.

The front door was unlocked, and as soon as they entered, Ayla got goosebumps all up her arms. "I don't like the feeling I have here," Ayla voiced as Kira and her followed Lydia upstairs to Tracy's room.

"Hold on. Isn't this like a crime scene or something?" Kira asked as Lydia was about to open the door.

The strawberry blonde shook her head, but upon opening the door it was another story. The room was covered in crime scene tape to stop anyone from messing with the room as a majority of the things in there were to be looked at as evidence. "Maybe," Lydia shrugged. "Don't worry about it."