Chapter Thirty-Six: Theo

The car sped down the road as Ayla drove. Due to her vision being blurred with tears, the car swerved multiple times almost hitting other vehicles that passed. But despite the blaring horns Ayla didn't seem to care as she continued to drive over the speed limit.

Only when the girl was parked in front of her apartment building did Ayla take a second to breathe. The tears stopped for only a moment before sobs again filled the car. Hot sticky tears stained her cheeks and under her eyes.

Out of anger and sadness, Ayla began to pound on her steering wheel. Hitting it over and over, letting out a scream. There was nothing that could possibly make her feel better at that moment. Nothing could help to fix the pain in Ayla's chest. This was her and Stiles' first big fight and it was killing her.

A tap on her passenger side window caused Ayla to jump.

"God, what the hell do you want Theo?" she asked, wiping away her tears. She probably looked awful due to the mascara that had most definitely been running down her face.

"I figured your talk with Stiles didn't go so well." He spoke loudly so she could hear through the glass. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Ayla was most definitely not okay. She was a mess with no one there to clean her up, no one but Theo. That last person she would have expected. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just, I think I need to be alone right now, Theo."

Not believing her, Theo opened her car door and slid into the seat beside her. "No one ever actually wants to be alone when they go through a breakup."

Break up?

Did Ayla and Stiles actually break up? They never said those words but their relationship felt pretty broken to her. The thought only made her cry more.

"Hey, hey it's alright." Theo gently rubbed Ayla's back. She couldn't believe how incredibly kind-hearted this teenage boy was being towards her. "I know it sucks now but you're too good for Stiles anyways."

He was wrong. Ayla wasn't better than Stiles, in fact, if it came to who had the better personality it was most definitely him.

With a soft touch, Theo used his thumb to wipe away a tear from her eye. Ayla looked at him shocked.

What was he doing? What is his motive?

Stiles would go on and on about Theo and how he was a bad guy, but now that she was alone with him, Ayla didn't get even a slight bad feeling from him. Usually, if it came to it, Ayla could sense when someone had bad intentions from the moment she met them but with Theo, she felt nothing but hope. Hope to soon be a part of the McCall pack and hope to have a family.

"What do you want Theo?" she asked, still suspicious of the boy.

"I just want to help. Why don't we go inside, order some takeout, my treat, and eat this ice cream I brought over." He smiled holding up a pint of rocky road ice cream. "The flavor is a metaphor."

That's how Theo Raeken ended up in the Parrish living room, sharing ice cream and Chinese food from Ayla's favorite restaurant, and talking about their feelings under a soft throw blanket.

Ayla wasn't sure why she let this practical stranger in her apartment. There was just something about him that was charming and sweet and Ayla figured he really just wanted a friend to talk to.

"I'm sorry for what happened, I know it all sucks," Theo said after another spoonful of ice cream.

Ayla nodded, putting her spoon in her bowl of melting ice cream. "Yeah, it does. But I mean it's not like he cheated on me or anything, right? He just lied about him and Malia."