Chapter Thirty: The Tomb

The tomb was dark and covered in dust and cobwebs, freaking the teens out. Ayla was sure there had to be some kind of mold growth that could most definitely kill them. The group followed as Peter made his way through, somehow knowing exactly where to go, confirming to Ayla that there was definitely something he wasn't telling them.

"Okay, everyone stop, stop, stop, stop, stop-" Peter suddenly put his arm out. "We gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira."

The sound of Stiles' phone put all the attention on him.

"How do I even have service..." he walked slightly ahead of Peter, putting the phone to his ear. Peter slowly turned to Ayla, his eyes wide as if to say 'can you believe this?' Like they weren't in a life-or-death situation. "Hi, Dad. Okay, Dad, I know you're angry."

Ayla gave a slight smile. It was nice that Stiles had someone to check in on him, someone who noticed when he was missing and cared for him. Ayla was actually starting to wonder why she hadn't heard from Jordan in a while. Looking down at her own phone, it had been hours since they last texted which was weird for them. Usually by now, Jordan was blowing up her phone wondering where she was.

Stiles went on to ask his father to go to the school to check on Lydia and Mason as they hadn't heard from either of them. The sheriff reassured the boy that he would look. "Dad, if it's one of the Berserkers at the school, you're gonna need firepower. A lot." There were a few more words passed between the two before Stiles hung up and turned back to the group, sliding his phone into his pocket. "What do we do now?"

Malia turned to look over her shoulder before grabbing Liam and throwing him to the ground yelling "Duck!" A berserker came around the corner and just missed their heads as it tried to swing at the two.

"Get down!" Peter pushed the teens ahead of them and everyone went running. "Go back. Get back! Go! Go, go, go, go!" Peter yelled.

Stiles turned to Ayla, grabbing her hand to insure they stayed together as they ran. He pulled her behind a column, out of the way of danger, and line of fire as the berserker threw something very heavy. It crashed into the column, just missing the two and shattered to pieces.

"Go find Kira and Scott!" Malia yelled, throwing Kira's sword at Stiles. He nodded and pulled Ayla with him. Together they tried to navigate through dark tunnels that were caving into themselves, making the space seem much smaller than it was.

"I can't see anything," Ayla complained. All they had was a small flashlight and even that was doing so little. Stiles stopped for a moment to think. "We can't just keep going in circles, not when we can't see anything."

"Okay...okay," he looked over his shoulder to make sure nothing was following. He turned back to Ayla. "Can you feel them?"

Thinking for a moment, Ayla let out a defeated sigh. "No...I can't. I think it's the temple, it's suppressing my powers somehow."

Stiles let out a sigh, rubbing his face out of frustration. "So we keep going."

Ayla agreed and the two continued to rush through the different passages, stumbling through the dark with only a tiny flashlight to light the way.

"Scott! Kira!" The two yelled over and over, hoping to get their attention.

At the sight of a dark figure moving to the side of her, Ayla almost screamed in fright, but when the light was on Kira, a huge weight lifted off her shoulder as she instantly wrapped her best friend in a hug.

"Are you okay?" Ayla asked, pulling from the hug to examine her. Kira's face was bruised and her lip and head were bleeding, not to mention the emotional trauma Kira had probably gone through.