Chapter Ten: Katashi Murder

The feeling of her bed was practically transcending after being in an uncomfortable hospital for a couple of days. All Ayla wanted to do was be home. Annoyingly, Jordan was treating his sister as though she was broken, like she couldn't do anything herself and it was infuriating her. It's the same way he acted when she got into the accident a couple of months ago.

He refused to let her carry anything despite only having a sprained wrist and a few bruises. He wouldn't let her open her door or pour herself glass of water.

While in the hospital her father had called many times to check in. He was going to come visit but Ayla insisted he didn't have to. Jordan was already treating her like a baby, the last thing she needed was for her dad to come and do the same thing. She wondered if this near-death experience would cause her brother and father to send her somewhere else, perhaps a boarding school.

A knock on Ayla's window made her let out an annoyed groan as she pushed herself up from her bed.

"Why can't you use the door like a normal person?" she asked as Scott McCall climbed into her bedroom.

"Because I know your brother would never let you leave the house alone after almost exploding and I need your help."

"Leave?" her shoulder fell in sadness. "Where are we going?" Ayla honestly wasn't in the mood for any adventures, all she wanted to do was lay in bed but her friends had a different plan.

Scott brought Ayla to Allison's apartment where the twins and Lydia were. On the way, he explained to the girl that they had to get back evidence from the Katashi murder that Derek and Mr. Argent were framed for. Apparently, it was now a federal investigation and if they were convicted it would not turn out well for them.

"This is a really bad plan," Ayla said as Lydia vaguely explained it.

"It's not that bad," Lydia tried to defend herself.

Aiden walked behind Lydia and looked down at the map she had in front of her. "It's not that good."

"None of us knows the route they're going to take. If Allison can get one of her dad's GPS trackers on the armored car, then we can follow it," Lydia explained again.

Allison nodded, pointing to a bridge on the map. "So when it gets here..."

"We attack them?" Ethan asked.

Lydia and Allison both shook their heads. "No."

"Your bikes will be in the middle of the road, looking like you guys got into an accident. And when the driver gets out to help..."

"We attack him?"

"No!" They yelled at Ethan again.

Lydia continued, "You'll distract him and Scott will break open the back door. And you'll get Katashi's finger," she pointed at Aiden.

"It's not his actual finger, is it?"

The strawberry blonde gave him a disappointed look. "We are so out of our league."

"Why aren't we just going to Stilinski for help?" Aiden asked.

"Because if he gets caught, then it's the sheriff tampering with federal evidence, that's why we have Ayla."

The girl's eyes widened at Scott. "Wait what?"

"You can get into the sheriff's station with no questions asked because of your brother. You're going to let us know when they leave and what route they're taking."

Ayla shook her head, "Can I just remind you all that the last time I was at the sheriff's station, I was almost blown up."

Allison put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Scott and I will be there with you, I promise." She turned to the group, "Guys, this is going to work. We can do this. We're losing Stiles. My dad's in jail for murder. We need to do this."