Chapter Six: Kitsunes and Nogitsunes

The next morning when Ayla Parrish woke up she was certain of three things.

1. Werewolves were real
2. There are black-masked figures attacking her friends
3. She was beyond hungover.

Jordan had come home before her last night, so Ayla's plan of sneaking in without him noticing did not go as planned and she ended up being grounded. She didn't protest though, not having the energy and Ayla knew the grounding was justified.

Ayla knew she had probably scared him. All her brother wanted was to protect her but Ayla was not making it easy for him.

Her first punishment for her grounding was going to school hungover.

Despite feeling like death, Ayla immediately found Scott McCall entering the school building, followed by the twins Ethan and Aiden. She needed answers to her long list of questions.

"Scott!" Ayla called out to him before rushing over. As soon as she was close enough to whisper, Ayla instantly started pestering the boy with questions. "Do you have superspeed?"

Scott shrugged as he continued towards his locker. "Kinda."

"Kinda? Is it fast like the flash or like Usain Bolt?"

The boy stared down at Ayla, "I don't really test how fast I run..." he trailed off.

"Okay well you play lacrosse, right? Are you better because of your abilities?"

"Sometimes I guess but I try not to use them because it's not fair to the others."

"Hmm, that makes sense. Have you always been a werewolf or were you bitten? I read some old wives tale that you can become a werewolf after drinking water from a puddle made in the print of a werewolf. Did you do that?""

"I was bitten."

"By who?"

"Someone you don't need to worry about."

Ayla nodded. "So you, the twins, Isaac, and that Derek guy are all... werewolves. What about Lydia, what is she?"

"Lydia is a banshee," Aidan answered, this time.

The redhead looked back at the boy who was standing behind her. "What is that?"

Scott rolled his eyes at the girl and turned to her, "Look I know this is a lot to take in but I have to go find Stiles and talk to him about last night."

"Right. About last night, why are there demonic ninjas after you?"

"See, even the new chick calls them demonic ninjas," Ethan said, earning a confused look from the girl.

"We don't know yet," Scott sighed, opening his locker, "but Isaac and Allison are working with Allison's father to find out more."

"Is Allison a werewolf too?"

"No, she's a huntress."

Ayla's eyes widened. "She's a werewolf hunter? That's so badass."

"What's funnier is they dated," Ethan told the girl.

The Parrish girl stared back at Scott "You dated a werewolf hunter?"

Scott shush'd the girl as he didn't want anyone else to hear them. "It's kinda a long story. One I can't get into right now because I have to go find Stiles. Without you two!" Scott scolded the twins.

"No," they said in unison.

"Yes. And I don't want you listening in either. No wolf hearing."

"You have super hearing?!" Ayla almost yelled but caught herself.