Chapter Seventeen: You're Hurting Yourself

Ayla hated being knocked unconscious. It had happened to her more times in Beacon Hills than ever in her lifetime. She always felt so groggy afterward not to mention the headache Ayla would get for days after.

When she came too, Stiles was kneeling over her, shaking her shoulders. "Finally," he let out a sigh, "I was beginning to think you were dead. Come on!" He pulled Ayla to her feet but it was too fast and she collapsed back down to the ground. "Why did you do that?" Stiles asked, picking her up from the floor again.

"I found the floor comfortable!" she spat at him, still a little dizzy. Putting her arm around him, Stiles helped her outside and to his jeep, stopping to pull a frozen bag of corn from the freezer along the way. "Where are we going?" Ayla asked, placing the bag on the lump that was forming on her head.

"Scott and the others are at the school, it's where Kate took Derek."

"Who is Kate and why did she kidnap Miguel?"

Stiles shook his head at the girl using the made-up name for Derek. "Kate is Allison's aunt that we thought Peter killed by ripping her throat out, turns out he turned her instead. Apparently, you can get turned by a scratch now."

"How many people has Peter killed?"

If he was being honest, Stiles had no clue the answer to that question. "Let's just say...a handful."

Pulling up to Beacon Hills High school, waiting in the parking lot was Lydia. Grabbing his metal bat from the back seat, Stiles quickly made his way over to her. The sound of fighting and loud roars could be heard from across the campus.

"Where Kira?" Ayla asked knowing that they two would probably be together.

"She went to find Scott," Lydia explained before looking at the metal bat in Stiles' hands "You seriously need to find something better than a baseball bat."

He gave the girl a disappointed look for hating on the bat.

Ayla pulled out the two small daggers that she kept on her at all times since the Nogistune. Argent had allowed her to keep them since Allison wasn't around to use them anymore and they seemed to work very well in the girl's hands.

The three made their way up to the school, but while passing the large school sign they noticed that it had been moved, revealing a staircase to a vault. So being the people they were, they made their way down, finding Peter, kneeling at a metal door, muttering something to himself.

"It was never...Never about the triskelion. They took it, they took it while I was blinded."

"Took what?" Lydia asked as they approached the man.

Slowly standing up and turning to the three teenagers Peter explained, "Bonds. Bearer bonds and they took them all."

"Bearer bonds? Hold on. Are you saying you got robbed?" Ayla questioned, putting one of her daggers back in its holster.

Peter was distraught, but not with sadness, with anger, you could see it written all over his face. "This was a heist. Somebody planned this."

"How much did they take?"

"117..."

"Thousand?" Ayla questioned again with her eyes wide.

"Million."

Their jaws dropped with shock.

Later that night, Derek had been turned back to his normal, age appropriate self after fighting off large creatures wearing animal skin and bones. Apparently, the pack had run into these creatures in Mexico but they were almost impossible to beat according to Peter. They were being controlled by the woman Kate.