Chapter Twenty: Sweet Dreams

"I want to be there when you tell my brother," Ayla expressed to Lydia and Stiles who were already making their way out of the school to go to the station. "I don't want him to know everything yet okay, just the basics"

"Ayla, we have to see if he knows anything," Stiles began, "We need to know if he's experienced anything similar to what you have."

They were right, and Ayla knew that it was the best way to figure out what they were. Maybe their parents had mentioned something to Jordan that they didn't mention to her. Maybe he knew something about their family that she didn't.

The word about Ayla's status on the dead pool was told to the pack along with a few of her abilities, but no one had any idea what she could be just yet. Scott explained how they should visit Deaton because he seemed to know everything there is to know about the supernatural but there just hadn't been enough time.

"Fine, "Ayla sighed, crossing her arms.

The three got to the station and Jordan greeted them almost as if he was expecting them. "Hey Ayla, why aren't you in class?"

"We all have a study period," she lied, but Jordan didn't know her schedule so how could he know.

Jordan nodded, "Okay well the Sheriff should be back within the hour. You want to wait in his office?" he asked Stiles and Lydia before walking in that direction.

"Actually, we want to talk to you," Lydia began as they entered the office, "Privately." The girl pulled out the list of names and handed it to the man. The Parrish siblings' names were folded over so they couldn't be read.

"This is a hit list?" he asked looking over the names.

"We call it a Dead Pool," Stiles added. Ayla crossed her arms over her chest, she felt very uncomfortable in this situation, for Jordan to know any of this. "Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah. The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. But we couldn't find any of them."

"Show him the other thing," Stiles told the girl.

Lydia took the paper from the man's hands and flipped it over revealing the Parrish sibling's names and numbers.

Jordan shot up. "Okay. That's kind of terrifying... what're these numbers?"

"That's how much we're worth," Ayla explained.

With wide eyes, Parrish stared at the paper before looking back at his sister. "I'm worth five dollars?"

"Five million," Stiles corrected, holding up five fingers.

"I only make 40,000 a year... Maybe I should kill myself," Lydia and Stiles gave each other a concerned look. "I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?"

Lydia opened her mouth to answer but Ayla cut her off. "Honestly, that might be a question for another day. Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."

"We need the third cipher key. But we need help getting it," Lydia finished.

"From who?"

"Meredith."

Jordan shook his head. "The girl from Eichen? The last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown," he opened the door and motioned for them to leave.

"Uh...Almost," Lydia tried to defend herself.

Though that didn't convince him very well.

"JP, please...this is really important." Ayla pleaded with her brother.