Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bonfires and Kidnappings

The sun shined through the window of the Stilinski house, causing Ayla to roll over with a groan. It felt as though her brain was hitting against her skull as she moved. The sound of the door opening caused Ayla to look over her shoulder as Stiles walked in.

"Here take this." He held out his hand with two white pills. "It will help." She did as told and took the medicine with the orange juice Stiles also gave her. "I figured I would let you sleep in a bit." He sat on the edge of the bed and gave the girl a smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem," he looked at the time on his phone. "We have like 45 minutes before school starts."

Ayla laid back down with a groan. "I am definitely not ready to go back to school yet."

"Oh, come on, it won't be too bad, plus there is a bonfire tonight for the lacrosse team, there's gonna be music and dancing...and I would really like it if you came with me."

There went the butterflies in her stomach that Ayla always got when Stiles said something cute but of course, she had to ruin the moment. "Will there be alcohol?" Instantly she regretted asking the question as Stiles' face fell and he didn't meet her gaze.

"I mean yeah but...I was kinda hoping we could just be us tonight?"

Ayla propped herself up on her elbows. "Us?" When did Stiles and Ayla become an us? Sure they were together a lot and slept next to each other most nights and everyone kinda knew they liked each other but Ayla hadn't pictured them becoming an 'us' yet. It absolutely terrified her.

"Yeah." Stiles placed his hand on her leg. "Our fully coherent selves. I figured we could dance, eat some awful food and maybe talk about that thing...that happened last night?"

Ayla's stomach flipped. She didn't want to talk about last night. Their shower together, the fact she was ready to go all the way with him, everything she said to Stiles about liking him. It was all true of course but sober Ayla wouldn't admit it ever because it scared her. She was over Kyler of course but it still hurt the thought of her being happy with someone else while he was gone.

Liking Stiles truly did scare Ayla and she didn't want to lose whatever they had by putting some kind of label on it.

"Uh, yeah. Okay," she agreed.

Stiles gave her a smile before allowing her to get dressed with some privacy. Ayla kept an emergency pack of makeup in her bag so she was easily able to fix herself up. Only she didn't have a change of clothes so she had to stick with the same jeans she wore the day before and another one of Stiles shirts.

"What?" Ayla asked as Stiles stared at her.

"Uh, nothing." He shook his head, trying not to think about Ayla in his t-shirt and a few other dirty thoughts. Sure she had worn his shirt to bed last night, but in public it was different. People would know she was wearing a guy's shirt but only she and Stiles would know it was his and the reason she was wearing it.

"Do you mind just dropping me off at my car? I don't want to leave it just parked in a random spot for too much longer."

After regaining his composure, Stiles nodded. "Yeah, yeah of course."

-

A majority of the school day was a blur as Ayla still felt like the world was spinning and she was doing everything she could not to barf. Between the last few classes, Scott came to find Ayla standing at her locked as she fixed her lip gloss.

"Hey."

"What up McCall?" Ayla greeted.

"We need to talk." The smile instantly faded from the girl's mouth as Scott handed her one of the Deadpools.