Chapter Twelve: Devoid

Arriving at Derek's loft was one of the most nerve-racking things Ayla had ever experienced. No one knew what they were going to find when getting there.

The sheriff was the first to walk in, confronting his son alone to not scare him off. He was able to convince Stiles to put on a pair of handcuffs but the Nogitsune showed itself almost instantly, looking up at Stiles' father with an evil smirk.

"You're not my son," the sheriff said with a sigh.

Stiles shook his head and ripped apart the steel handcuffs with a strength Ayla had never seen before. That was their cue to go in for backup. The group surrounded the boy as a way to try to intimidate him. Allison shot off a taser but he grabbed the metal strings with his bare hands and pulled the taser gun from the girl's hand, throwing it across the room.

Derek was next to try. He bared his teeth with a growl and made a run at the boy but skinny defenseless Stiles, was able to grab the man's arm and twist it behind his back before throwing Derek into a table, then sending him flying across the room. The only thing that stopped him was Chris Argent raising his handgun to the boy's head.

Stiles slowly turned his head to look at the man, his eyes filled with intrigue.

The sheriff put his hand up, trying to reason with the man. "Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

Ayla quickly helped Derek up from the ground before both looked to the Argent, worried that he might actually shoot Stiles.

Chris Argent didn't take his eyes off the boy as he continued to keep his gun raised. "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

The sheriff pulled out his own gun and aimed it at Argent's head. Allison put her hand over her mouth as she witnessed her own father at gunpoint.

Stiles let out an almost silent, "oh" sound and tilted his head. Clearly getting off on the chaos.

"You're not going to shoot my son," Stilinski said as if it was a fact.

Shaking his head Argent reminded him, "You said it yourself, sheriff. That's not your son."

"Put it down. Put it down!"

Stiles put on a scared face. "Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, dad." Stiles pleaded with his father as the two men continued their stand-off, before the vail fell and the Nogitsune was back.

Ayla's heart was in her throat. She didn't know how she could possibly help in this situation and it was driving her insane.

Stilinski begged for Argent to put down the gun while Stiles, pushed the man to shoot him. The Nigitsune was thriving on all of this and they all knew it. Ayla started to doubt that there was any of Stiles left in that body.

"Shoot me!" Stiles yelled as the sun began to set.

That's when it hit Ayla like a ton of bricks. He was causing this commotion, this chaos as a way to prolong the time that is being wasted.

Allison must have put together the same puzzle as she began yelling for anyone to stop. "Stop, stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants!"

The demon turned to the girl. "Not exactly," Stiles' voice sounded rough and husky from the yelling. "I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out. Because you're not here to kill me." Stiles turned to the large windows where four Oni came through. "You're here to protect me." The boy began walking backward so he was behind the gunfire.

Ayla pulled out the handgun that she secretly had hosted by her side and began shooting with Argent and the Sheriff. The gun was easy for her to use, as Jordan insisted she take lessons if she was going to be living in a house with one.