Chapter 19 - Drifting apart

For the past few days, I did not feel as if me and Harry were acting like a couple. We were only faking our laughter in front of Niall.

I sighed as I was putting the dishes into the dishwasher. Preston approached me to help out.

"What happened?" Preston asked, washing his hands with soap.

"Nothing." I faked a smile.

"It's you and Harry. Obviously, you guys aren't acting like yourselves."

"Huh, I didn't know it was that obvious."

"Why are y'all acting like this.. one minute you laugh the next you ignore each other?"

"Trust issues. I'll tell you later, okay? Now, I just want to relax from this." I sighed as I wipe my wet hands onto my shorts.

He hugged me by surprise. My hands slowly wrapped around his back. Tears began trickling down my cheek. He pulled back to see me in tears.

"Calm down, Grace." He wiped the tears with his thumbs. "Its not nice seeing you cry, you look ugly." He chuckled, trying to joke.

I sobbed even more thinking about what he said. Harry said that to me when Preston made me cry, now its the opposite. He gives me the tissue paper lying on the kitchen counter.

I wipe the tears and mucus off with the tissue.

"You wanna play Kinect later? Dance battle likewhat you suggested," he asked to cheer me up.

"Yeah, that sounds like the best idea I've heard this week."

We went to the gaming room after that.

"YMCA?" I joked as I was choosing the songs to dance to.

"Anything, Purse. Just choose."

"Fine fine, I'll choose the hardest one, 'OMG'?" I suggested as he agreed.

~

"I beat you!! Third time in row!' I smiled as we just finished 'Starships' by Nicki Minaj.

"I'm tired. I'm gonna get a drink, whatchu want?" I asked as he was lying on the sofa.

"Gatorade please!"

"Okay. To take note, stones love Gatorade!" I added the inside joke into my sentence.

As I was walking to the pantry, I saw Liam sitting at the wooden stool, staring into blank space. What's gotten into him?

"Hey Liam. Liam?" I snapped my fingers in front of him. He looked up to say hi.

"Just thinking. Anyway, I think that Niall doesn't buy the acting already. He has told me he was suspicious with this whole lovey dovey thing with you and Harry," he rambled on.

"Well, can't you see? Me and Harry are drifting apart now, just because of Niall's suspicion. I really really do love Harry." I took the seat just across him.

"Wait, hold on. You and Harry were officially dating? And you don't like Niall anymore?" He asked, with confusion written all over his face.

"Yes and yes. But now, he heard the conversation between me and Niall and doesn't believe I have moved on from Niall." My voice croaked to swallow the lump in my throat. "I miss Harry."

"Oh," he said that, taking in my words slowly. "But what conversation are you talking about?"

I told him the incident that happened in the van just now.

"Ah, I see. Harry is always like this. Gets grumpy if you start looking like you are drifting apart from him. That's the same with all the other girlfriends."

"Wow, I didn't know that."

"Anyway, he'll beg to come back to you, he did that to many girlfriends he dated. Not like mine," He said, appearing sadder as he was speaking. Soon, he broke into tears.

"Don't hold on to it too long. It's time you moved on." I rubbed his back in a circular motion.

"Thanks Grace. You're the only person that I know of who hugs the best," he complimented as I embrace him into a hug.

We pull back together. "I should better get going, I was actually here to get energy drinks." I giggled as I took two bottles of Gatorade from the fridge.

"Oh okay. Have fun in whatever you're doing." he waved goodbye.

My back was facing him, waving my right hand. I heard a thud sound and bumped into a person.

It was Harry. Drunk.

_________________________________

yay double update in a day!(at least for where im staying)

didnt know i was writting so long today whoops

anyway, im gonna eat ramen now
so you can continue reading whateva fanfics, now

bye baes

-Hannah ♥