Chapter 39 - Just In Time

*Harry's POV*

Dakota releases us as I embraced Niall to a hug. As much as I want to hide my brotherly feelings for Niall, I just hugged him like nobody's business.

But all of a sudden, a gunshot was sounded and I was taken aback from the impact. I quickly turned my head to see Grace having blood spilling from her abdominal area.

"Grace!" I scream, scattering to her body. Niall bends down, wimpering.

Grace had blood oozing out, and no one could do anything about it. In the meantime, Dakota is getting chased by her henchmen. She rushes out of room and so as the people trying to catch her.

This moment is just all in a fu.cking mess. And this was all my fault.

Seconds later, the door was barged in by man in suits, among them were Simon amd Preston. In Nolan's and his fellow colleague hands held Dakota, struggling to get out of her impossible trap.

Knowing that this was my fault couldn't change a thing. But it was up to me for Grace to still stand a chance to be alive.

"What happened?" Simon swiftly runs to her body.

"She got.. shot by Dakota."

"You son of a..!" He yelled, walking up to Dakota but I interrupt him.

"Stop! Don't you want to save your niece?!" My anger filled to the brim.

"Right.." Simon mumbled, contrasting from his tone earlier on. "Call for the nearest ambulance now."

~

"What do you mean you can't bring her to the ER?!" I screamed as I fling my hands to the air. "She has lost of blood and the bullet could have went into her heart. Please, I beg you," My voice crack as I was wailing too.

"We have to set up everything and it will be really difficult for us to settle this. We all thought there was a terrorist attack, so we moved to another area. What makes you think we have enough resources for this!" the nurse, her name tag states, 'Elle Jack, Head of Nurses', rushed her words.

We were still in the same place as the hospital that settled here was apparently hijacked by some 'terrorists'.

The doctor behind her pats her shoulder and giving her a assuring nod. Once they have made contact, I felt relieved. But only for a while.

The whole hallway had dead silence. There was no other people here so felt somewhat eerie.

"You guys want like a drink?" Zayn fills up the hallway with his voice. When he brings it up, I stare at the vending machine and water dispenser.

"Ah, yeah. One hot tea, two hot chocolate, and two cups of water," Louis turns around, asking everyone what they want.

As Zayn comes back with the help of Louis holding half the amount of the cups, the doctor comes out, taking out his surgical mask.

"She's breathing but still in coma. Only her family members and one close friend can come in."

"She only has her cousin, aunt and uncle, so can we both see her?" Niall points at me and to himself.

"One very close friend," he finishes and goes back into the room.

I hate this moment right now. Yes, Niall has the right to see her girlfriend but I had the right to see my lovely Grace Carly Persimmons. The girl who was brave enough to put her life on the line for us.

"I'll go, if that's okay?" I asked as my hands were trembling from the trauma.

"Not to be rude, Harry. But you are the one that broke her heart. I have the right to see her as her boyfriend." I saw this Niall I have never seen before.