Chapter 5 - Building 'friendship'

*Grace's POV*

"Hey, give me back my crisps!" Niall shouted as he runs out of the 'market'. He is cute, funny and his love for food is unconditional, anything else I love about him? His smile, so dreamy. See, this is why I should not be with anyone who is cute. It ruins me completely.

I was putting the Mac and Cheese into the oven to make it golden brown on the top. I swear it tastes amazing. Next, Fish and Chips. Here we go.

"Hello Grace, I'm Mr. Fish," Harry tried to give the cod fish on the cutting board a voice. I giggled and shook my head. Goodness me, is he serious? I shook my head again as what he did was so silly.

"So, Harry. On to serious bonding, what's your favourite color?" I ask as I took at the frozen fries from its bag.

"Purple is nice, but I like wearing black," he said as he prepared the air fryer. It seems like forever since I had food. My tummy growls once again.

"You that hungry, huh?" he said as a put the fries into the air fryer. "As you can probably hear from my stomach," I answered.

~

"I guess we're all done with the food, time to serve and eat, I'm really starving like mad, ugh," I said to Harry as I took out my apron. "Whats that delectable smell?" Niall shouts from the living room.

"Just you know, Mac and Cheese, Fish and Chips and Shepard's pie," I said ever so casually.

Once all the food was on the table, the door bell rung. I bet its Preston, but so late? He said he was coming in 30 minutes but instead in an hour? Wonder what happened? I went to open the door to see my cocky cousin. "Hey Pressy, lunch's ready," I cheekily greeted him.

He look as if he was hit by a train of emotions. He was emotionless, not like the Preston I know who is so full of himself.

"You okay? One minute, you're happy then you're awkward, then the next you're emo. What's wrong?" I ask with a lot of concern.

"Nothing wrong!" his voice was hoarse and deep. He took his baggage straight into his room. Ugh, is he secretly a girl? Because it seems that he has his period right now. He disgust me.

"What happened?" Liam asks as I walk back to the dining table. "Preston grouchy right now, its a phase. I think he's on his man-period," I tried lightening up my mood. 'So, like the food?"

They all nod in unison. I bet it was my ultimate Mac and Cheese, it always hold everyone down after eating. I sat down to grab food to fill my grumpy stomach. After everyone was finished I offered my help on the dishes but Liam declined and preferred himself to wash them. I bet they do not want me touching their precious soap, rich bastards. Besides Harry and Niall, I think that no one actually liked me as their friend. Ugh, I hate people.

I got back into my room and I tried settling in by putting my clothes in the wardrobe. Once I finished, I go on my macbook to watch some YouTube videos to calm myself down. After 2 hours of cat videos and PewDiePie, I went to check my phone to see if I had any missed calls or messages. Nothing. Guess I am forever alone indeed. I went downstairs to find myself grabbing oreos and playing Mario Kart 8.

Time flew by fast as I played alone. I took my phone out, 1 new message? Could it be? Preston?

From: Unknown

click here to win a prize!

www.helloitsniall.this.is.obviously.not.a.website.com

To: Unknown

hey niall! im rlly bored being stuck in the gaming room playing Mario Kart 8, care joining me?

From: Unknown