Chapter 34 - Aftermath

*Harry's POV*

"3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" Everyone screamed.

Seconds later, Taylor kissed me right smack on the lips. But I couldn't close my eyes, I saw Grace smooching with Niall. As soon as I wanted this intimate time to end, she already pulls back from the kiss.

"You were opening your eyes this whole time?" She takes a look behind her to see that I was looking at Niall and Grace all this time. My eyes shift downwards, avoiding eye contact.

"Whatever, let's ditch this place. I have a way better party somewhere else." Taylor sighs as she leads me out of the garden of ours.

"But.. Taylor.." We couldn't just leave the party without our bodyguards.

"What? I hate this party anyway." She gives a scrunched up, disgusted face.

Pete was just lounging around the pantry, so I decided to bring him along.

"Just follow," I ordered him to do so. He always reminded me of Paul, our tour manager. He keeps us intact and gets us ready for our shows.

"Ryan!" Taylor sang, bringing his attention to her. "Bring us to the best bar down the streets of London, invite mine and Harry's closest friends too. That party is going to be so much better than this, babe."

~

"Harry, you drank too much!" Taylor squeaked, pulling me to the bed. The only name that visited my mind was Grace. Man, it was hard to ignore it with the alcohol's side effects to my brain.

"Me." I pointed to myself. "Is so... not drunk.." I slurred my words. I was indeed drunk but I just could not stop the words from slipping out from my tongue.

Taylor drank just because she was living her life to its fullest, but I took the chance to drown my sorrows into the taking of liquor. I know I still had feelings for Grace. I missed her so much.

My body lay flat on the bed as if I was dead or something. "Could.. go back bar? Drink.. more!" I whined.

"You can go back if you want, I'm not up for it, I'm going to sleep." She tucks into the duvet, her lids closed. I don't want to go back to the bar just with Pete. So I decided to stay.

It was 3am I think.. maybe even 4am? I'm not very sure. The breeze was cooling just now so I go outside to the balcony for the windy atmosphere.

I sat on the chair located next to the coffee table, scrolling through my phone. I found myself looking at the pictures with Grace and I. Have I done the wrong decision? I couldn't get her out of my head. The only thing that stayed in my mind was Grace.

So I tried listening to music to distract myself.

Songs after songs, Grace was always stuck in my mind. Forget trying to get her out of my mind, I'm going to call her.

I press my speed dial for her number. I longed her soothing voice to calm me down.

"Hey!" Her chirpy voice answered. Is it her?

"I'm currently either busy or really busy right now, so I'll let voicemail be my conveyer! Bye lovely person who called me! BEEP!" Then it crushed my hopes on thinking it was her who picked up.

"Ba.. by," I start off whispering.  I start laughing in confusion.

"I.. miss.. you!" I shouted. And, and I feel funny. I slowly droop my lids down and all I see was black.

The next morning, I woke up on the lying on the balcony floor and my head was throbbing like crazy. It was like I was hitting my head on the head multiple times and having brainfreeze at the same time.