Chapter 2 - 'Research'

My eyes grew wide. So you are saying that I am protecting one direction? So I can see that really cute guy in real life? One score for Grace, woohoo!

"You'll need some backup too. Preston will be with you for this mission," he said.

"Where is he then?" I ask out of curiosity.

"He has another mission debrief, so he will just be accompanying you after this meeting," he explained. All of a sudden, the lift light illuminated and the 'ding' sound shocked me to turn to see who was it. "Sorry I'm late." Someone came out of the lift.

Its Uncle Simon, the president. Yes, my uncle indeed. Is this mission that important that he needs to come down himself? Actually technically, up because his office is the lowest level. Enough of my blabbering. On with my life!

"So Grace, the President actually has a label and he signed One Direction up. He will help you whenever you need help, okay?" he asked.

 I nod in agreement.

"Tomorrow, Persy, you will start protecting One Direction like they are your family. You can't leave their sight at all unless the President says so, okay?" Mr. Wellington continued briefing me.

I nod my head. "Then, am I living with them?" I questioned.

"Yes."He replied.

"What, no! I am not gonna live with boys. What if.... what if.. they.." i muttered.

"Grace, I'm ensure you that nothing will happen to you. They are really kind and sweet. I don't think they will do anything!" Simon said like he really meant it.

I set a sigh of relief. I nod my head. But, what if... ugh. Just get out off it, Grace!

"Okay, this is the end of the meeting. Good luck on this assignment." Mr. Wellington encouraged.

Out of the lift came Preston.

"So, were you late again?" he asks. He was leaning against a boulder, crossing his arms. He is actually hot looking. I know its a huge shocker. His chocolate coloured hair was styles upwards, with a grey shirt showing his you know what and he has skinny legs like sausages. But based on his personality, I would not want to date him even if he were not my cousin.

What is his personality, you ask? Cocky but sweet at times and I just can not stand him most of the times, basically.

"Yeah, I bet you purposely did it. Oh wait, you do it always." I rolled my eyes at him.

"So it starts tomorrow?" he asked, trying to move out of topic.

I began briefing him like what I had been told by Mr Wellington. "Ah, so my dad has another company? Why didn't he tell me? Oh right, he doesn't tell me anything, but you!" he said with much sarcasm. Sigh, another fight about this again.

"You know I don't want this, I just need the money to survive," I explained.

"Why don't you just quit then!" he raged.

"Well you know you guys are my only family. And if I quit, I won't be as close as I am now!" I shouted.

His enraged face turned into a soft and forgiving look. He hugs me in surprise. What happened to him? "Um, who are you, where is Preston?" I asked, confused. It seems like he changed in what seems like lightning. "You okay?" I said as he pull me back from the hug.

"Yeah, yeah.. I'm sorry, it always slips out my mind that I have to protect you, you little kid," he apologised. "Okay?" I said as if I was weirded. Because I am. What happened to the snobby Preston? No offence, he really is a dick.

"Dinner, your place?" Preston asks. Wait what? What the hell is happening. I was freeze in the moment with my mouth open. "Yeah, yeah. Sure." I smiled. At this moment, Uncle Simon pops out the elevator.

"Preston, going home?" Uncle Simon points to the private helicopter that was sent to him because he is that rich. "I'm going to Grace's house. Do some research with her.. about The Red Lemons Project," he says casually.

"Okay, you guys stay safe. I don't want my two favourites going missing, okay?" he shouts as the helicopter was very loud. We both nod in unison.

I drove my car back home. Finally, home at last. My back is aching like mad. Time for dinner I guess?

"What do wanna eat?" I ask Preston. His nickname could be named so differently. Pressy, funny nickname! What else, Stone. "Oh I know, Prehistoric stone", I accidentally speak out. " Prehistoric Stone, you wanna eat that? Or want Modern Rock? That seems better, right?" he jokes with what I have said.

"I was just thinking of your Nickname," I said the truth.

"Oh, well. Yours eh? Persimmon. The orange fruit? Or I know, Purse, like the wallet," he laughs.

"Hahaha, very funny. You want pizza? Or something healthy.. ahem, Chipotle, ahem.. Taco Bell." I ended my suggestions with a cheeky smile.

"Pizza, it is."

 ~

After eating a box of Hawaiian Pizza from Domino's, we decided to research on this kidnapping frenzy.

"Let's see. Google, Red Lemons?" Preston suggests.

I typed in the search bar. Up came a band. "Okay, something tells me this isn't the best information out there," I joked. "Try this"

I typed in Kidnapping Frenzy into Google's Search engine. I clicked on a link that says, "Celebrities going missing?". I took glance through this website. "Stars like Demi Lovato, Conor Maynard and Austin Mahone has been going missing since 1st of August. Everybody suspects its this person that calls itself, Red Lemons," Preston reads out of the article on the website.

OMG!! Demi? She's my inspration! Why her? Why not someone else? "This Red Lemons pay for it, once we got her on our hands," I said with sheer determination.

Now I get the code. Police has been researching on the kidnapper. Please! Police can not even do their job right in movies. Maybe in real life but still. They only help when the kidnapper has been caught redhanded. Or as I like to call The lemon without Red, dun dun! Haha, you see I have a sense humor, okay.

"So we don't know the gender or where this person lives, how are we going to find this guy?" he asked. "Or girl." I added.

"I guess we have to find out ourselves," I ended my speech with a yawn. "I'm tired already, goodness me. Its only 11:14," I yawned again after talking.

'I'll pack for you?" he asks politely. I declined. Oh, why did I? I sure do take a long time to pack and I will sleep like a pig. As my eyes droop down, Preston carries me into my bedroom. I have to know why he is being so nice to me tomorrow, I guess. While he was leaving the room, I thanked him but while my eyes shut.

___________________________________

DISCLAIMER: justin is only a character in this story. i actually didnt want to think of a random name thats why the biebs. SO YEAH!

So thats it!!

Feel free to comment whatevs you want.

And yeah!

So like what i said in the last chapter comment if want to be in the fanfic.

Gahhh.

Lol.

Anywayssss.

BYE!

future hannah:

why the biebs? fetus hannah did the wrong choice i guess

i'm gonna change the person though. NO HATE TO THE BIEBS. i saw somewhere he is actually doing good deeds off camera :)

this is dedicated to my other best friend, nicole. she is da bomb.com when it comes to singing :D

-Hannah ♥ xx