9: The Calm

Izumi: if i change between the japanese and english words (e.g. Shichibukai < – > Seven Warlord), thats because i dont remember what i wrote previously lol. So please bear with it thanks 🙏

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"They were allowing bears in." "Shut up!" "I'm sorry." "So weak!"

"Would you guys shut up already..." (Y/n) had woken up from her little nap beside the captain, who was the only one sitting in the room if you didn't count (Y/n). The guys have been complaining about not being able to enter the Maiden Island ever since they left it.

"I wonder what the Dark King is up to." Law finally decided to speak about his thoughts, "Whatever it is, I'm sure that "D" will cause quite a storm once again." he chuckled, "Can't wait to see him again."

On with Chapter 9:

3RD PERSON POV

At the Grand Line, near Sabaody Archipelago, the Polar Tang has ascended to the surface and has decided to take a break there before going to their next location. Sabaody Archipelago would have been a better option if it weren't for the destruction and chaos they had created the last time they were there.

Everyone had gathered on the deck for some fresh air and to hear what their captain had to talk about. Said captain was sitting on the floor and leaning against a sleeping Bepo, who had an also sleeping (Y/n) on top of him.

"Huh? We're not gonna go there yet?!" a crew member exclaimed after Law had told them the plan. "Let's go to the New World already!"

"How much longer are we gonna hang around here?"

"What are you waiting for, captain?"

"I said we're going to wait for our time." Law repeated himself, "Don't worry. The great One Piece treasure won't go anywhere."

"But Blackbeard's already started making moves in the New World and there's rumour he destroyed a pirate crew!" Shachi pointed out.

"Big time rookies who want to become one of the Four Emperors are rushing to the New World!"

"There's no time to lose! We'll be beaten by everybody else!"

"It's better for us if they're trying to destroy one another. We won't get involved in those petty fights." Law said but the crew still wasn't convinced. "Stop griping and just follow me. We'll get what we want at any cost!"

At that moment, the crew felt motivated and encouraged.

"Captain!" Penguin cried.

"We will follow you forever!" Shachi followed.

"Aye-aye, captain! You can count on me..." Bepo joined in too through his sleep.

"Sleep talking?!" "I'm sorry..." "Don't apologize while you're asleep!"

When the pair scolded the Mink, it was surprising that the latter did not wake up from their shouts. Instead it was the person sleeping on the Mink that woke up abruptly. She lifted her head off of Bepo's body and looked around to see the crew minus herself, Law, and the still sleeping Bepo, cheering.

"Eh?" was her first reaction, "What's everyone shouting for?"

Since she was right behind Law's head, he turned around, amused by her half awoken state. Eyes half opened, hair slightly messy, confused expression, it got a little chuckle out of him. He put a hand onto the back of her head and pushed it back onto Bepo's stomach. "Don't worry about it."

But that is the one thing (Y/n) did not do.

She has been around Law long enough to know that he has something planned. She doesn't know what it is yet, but she trusts him to know that he knows what he was doing, and almost nothing could change his mind. So, not wanting to push further into the subject, (Y/n) rested her head back onto Bepo's body and closed her eyes, not taking long to go back to dreamland.

...

[At this point, it's 90% inaccurate and I made things up and hope it makes sense.]

Weeks had passed since that conversation and the Heart Pirates were still preparing for their journey before entering the New World. Currently, they were docked on an island while stocking up on resources.

A majority of the crew was sent to the island to get the resources, while only a handful stayed on the submarine. And that includes our protagonist and the captain of the crew.

Law was busy writing some documents in his room/office when the room door opened. He didn't need to turn to see who it was that entered since only one person was brave enough to enter without knocking.

"Law?" (Y/n) softly called to not interrupt his work. "Can I talk to you about something?"

He put his pen down and looked at her, signalling that he was now listening. She entered the room fully and closed the door behind her. "..." she still stood by the door in silence, building up the courage to say whatever she had to say. "You plan on doing something, aren't you?" she said and Law didn't respond until a few seconds later. "What do you mean, (Y/n)?" but she wasn't convinced. "I know what that look on your face means, Law." she said but this time he stayed silent.

With a sigh, he told her to sit on the bed before explaining his intentions. He managed to explain his plan without any interruption as the other was listening intently.

Neither party said anything after the explanation as they sat in silence. "...Nothing will stop you, huh?" (Y/n) decided to be the one who broke it. "No..."

They once again sat in silence before (Y/n) let out a sigh of her own. She stood up from the bed and walked towards Law, who was still on his desk chair.

Unexpectedly, she leaned down to hug his figure around the shoulders. "If you die," her grip tightened, "I will bring your soul back just to kill you." Also unexpected, or expected, Law chuckled in response, "Is that a threat?" he asked as he wrapped his own arms around her figure.

"You bet it is."

He chuckled again and dug his face into (Y/n)'s trapezius area (the part where the neck meets the shoulder), "I'll make sure I don't then."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: HAVE YALL SEEN EP 1015 I LOVE IT ITS SO BEAUTIFUL I 🧎‍♀️🧎‍♀️🧎‍♀️TO THE DIRECTOR I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE ive been waiting for this scene for SO LONG but not compared to those who watched wano arc since like idk 2+ years ago?

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※