40: Gamma Knife

Izumi: owo

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Doflamingo dodging another stone wall turned to her, "I'll let you follow Law in death shortly. Let's bring an end to this game!"

On with Chapter 40:

3RD PERSON POV

"Mingo!" Luffy shouted but suddenly fell silent. This confused (Y/n) but she continued fighting against Doflamingo and Trebol.

At one point, her focus was broken thanks to Trebol's distraction. Doflamingo decided to use this opportunity to paralyze the witch with his strings.

note: she did not burn the strings off because they are wrapped around the body and will burn her greatly. she decided that is not the best option right now.

"Everybody will die. Sooner or later. (Y/n), Mugiwara, did you notice? The plot of the game has been changed." his strings tightened and drew drops of blood from (Y/n)'s body.

"The game?!" Luffy exclaimed, "What are you saying after all this time?!"

"Well, just listen." Doflamingo said calmly, "The birdcage that is surrounding the town started shrinking little by little." 'What?'

"It's like an umbrella closing slowly." Luffy and (Y/n) looked up to the center of the birdcage and saw that it was in fact contracting slowly. "It'll cut up everything in this country, within an hour or so." he laughed, "Wherever you run, it's no use."

He laughed even more, "I'm not willing to save anybody. What's the advantage of letting people who learned the secret of the country survive?" he rhetorically asked, "Towns, people, animals...and your allies... and you! Everything!" his laughter got louder and Trebol joined in too.

"So your friends died a little before..right, Mugiwara-ya? That's what he used to call you." Doflamingo turned towards (Y/n)'s still paralyzed figure and brought her closer.

To make it worse, he grabbed her by the chin to make her look at him, "(N/n). He calls you that, doesn't he?" and as if she wasn't already, (Y/n) was seething with rage. Doflamingo of all people called her that.

Without caring anymore, (Y/n) emitted flames that burnt the strings, including her skin. Anything to get away from that man. Shortly after, she joined Luffy's side.

"He died so miserably. Oh Law, he shouldn't have messed with us." Trebol said with fake sympathy before laughing.

"Today, Dressrosa will perish." Doffy took a step closer, "Oh, you don't have to worry. I'll build a country again."

Luffy's patience ran out and he started shouting, "Mingo! If I kick your ass, everything will be okay!" Meanwhile (Y/n) quietly went to Law's side to heal him. Doflamingo and Trebol didn't give her much thought except that she's healing him as a last resort despite him being dead.

"I was trying to suggest that you can't do that!" Doflamingo shot strings at Luffy who dodged. Luffy punched back but his attack missed as well.

This went on as they traded blows and dodged each other.

"Fallbright!" Doflamingo shot strings that went past Luffy before it shot the latter from behind. This caught Luffy off guard but he managed to catch himself.

"You never learn! Bullet strings!" he shot more string and Luffy dodged once again.

'Gomu gomu no-" "Go to hell! Together with Law!" but both of them got interrupted by-