12: Ohara

Izumi: this chapter is part 1/? of flashback

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Firstly, Doffy said to keep you injured so you can't use magic." as he said that, he lifted her figure and threw her against the wall. He continued talking while ignoring seeing (Y/n) fall with a groan. "Secondly, you're only allowed to eat every few days. Asking anyone in the family for food will only delay your meal. Thirdly, don't even try to escape. I don't care if you have magic. It won't work."

"Understand?" (Y/n) pushed herself slightly off the ground and looked at the man when he had finished talking.

"Um... could you repeat that? I was distracted by your voice..."

On with Chapter 12:

3RD PERSON POV

Time has passed since (Y/n)'s capture and not much progress was made for the (h/c-ette). Despite Pica's instructions and warning, (Y/n) had been trying to escape her cell since day one, only to be brought back to the metal cage at most a day later with bruises on her body and have her meal delayed for a few more days.

Her first plan after Pica left was to do nothing, or so it seemed.

Day by day, she used an amount of energy to burn a bit of the chains in between her legs with a small flame emitting from her finger. Might have burnt herself in the process, but she healed it fast enough for the pirates to not notice.

It took a long time for the chains to break, but it was successful nonetheless. There wasn't any time to do the same to her hands because it would only raise more suspicion, and she could do enough with her hands despite being chained up anyways.

When night had fallen, and almost everyone was asleep, the guards watching her cell were dozing as well, it was the time to strike.

One guard was already snoring while sitting on the ground and leaning against the wall. The other guard's head was nodding as he tried not to fall asleep during his duties. But as his eyes closed shut and was one step away from dreamland, a sudden explosion from the cell blasted him forward, making him hit the wall in front of him and lose consciousness.

(Y/n) ran out of the cell and towards the nearest staircase to exit the underground prison. A handful of guards were blown away when they got too near and failed to catch the witch.

Curious toys and humans who were now awake were trying to figure out what was going on. Was there an attack? Who would dare to attack Dressrosa? Why would they attack Dressrosa?

Their thoughts were answered when they saw (Y/n) running past them and towards the docks where hopefully she could escape.

Halfway through the route, she felt a presence coming from behind her. She quickly turned back to see no one. Confused for a second, she realized the presence came from underground instead.

Using her wind powers, she pushed herself off the ground and managed to dodge a hand that emerged from the ground. 'Senor Pink?! That's his power?!' (Y/n) thought before continuing on her way to the ocean.

A bigger and similar presence arrived and she did the same thing to escape it. Except this time, it was Pica and it wasn't just a hand that emerged from the ground, it was his entire body. Using more wind to push herself, she barely managed to escape his grasp by maneuvering to the side and above.

"Get back here!" Pica's voice screeched through the silent night as he tried and failed to catch (Y/n) again.

"There she is!" Another voice was heard and it was Baby 5 flying on top of Buffalo. She morphed her upper body into a cannon and shot at her, but missed as well. She shot a couple more times but (Y/n) managed to dodge it every time.