18: The Wait

Izumi: im back.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Law ignored his two former acquaintances and continued talking, "All I want is for you to abandon everything that you spent a decade to attain and go back to being a common pirate again. In that case, however, the admirals from the Navy HQ will hunt you down. I'm expecting to see it in the newspaper tomorrow morning. If your resignation from the Warlords is in the paper, I will call you. If I don't see it, the negotiation is off and (Y/n) knows what to do. Goodbye."

On with Chapter 18:

3RD PERSON POV

AT THE THOUSAND SUNNY...

"Joker is finished. We're gonna go onto the next move. There is a factory manufacturing SMILEs somewhere on Dressrosa." Law said while sitting by the mast.

"Huh. We should just find it and destroy it?" "That's right." Law confirmed Franky's question. "Then, Kaido's forces won't strengthen. However, he's a professional businessman. I'm sure he'll retaliate."

"By the way, Tra-o." Luffy suddenly called out to the man, "Where did you get that stick?" he was pointing to the staff that he was hugging alongside his sword. His crew started paying attention and looked to where he was pointing. All of them had a confused expression except for Robin who had recognized the "stick".

At the same time, the shichibukai clenched his grip around the staff and his jaw. "That's... (Y/n)'s staff, isn't it?" Robin pointed out and Law sadly nodded his head.

"(Y/n)? Who?" Luffy, having heard of this name since they were held in the cage at Punk Hazard, still didn't recognize who this person was. Thankfully, the other members of the crew told him about her.

"She's Robin-chan's friend from Sabaody."

"She's the one that healed Hatchan!"

Sanji and Chopper's comments didn't ring a bell in the captain's head.

"She's the one that was flying around." Usopp's statement was the one that worked as Luffy smacked the side of his fist into his palm, "Oh, her!.... What about her?" It seemed that he had forgotten what was said at Dressrosa too.

Robin's sad expression deepened and Law clenched his jaw. "...Doflamingo. He took her."

...

AT DRESSROSA...

"Your Majesty!"

"Your Majesty! Why did you resign?"

"Please give us a reason, Your Majesty!"

The people of Dressrosa were gathered outside the castle and were begging for their king to answer their questions. They had just seen the news of his resignation on the News Coo and people immediately swarmed to the castle.

Doflamingo heard their cries, but he continued reading his book on his seat while listening to music from the gramophone. At one point, the den den mushi's started ringing and Doflamingo pushed it all towards Sugar to handle it. Not sure what she was doing it with though.

"Your Majesty!"

The only den den mushi that was present in the room was Law's, and (Y/n) was standing beside it. She was brought here by the warlord as a spectator and was told to behave or else she would be punished, again. Not like she hasn't realized that by now, she just didn't want to comply that easily.

"puru puru puru puru" the snail rang and Doflamingo grinned. "(Y/n), be a darling and bring the phone to me."

Seeing no reason to provoke the man, yet, she brought the phone over while he stopped the gramophone. He picked up the receiver and said, "It's me. I resigned from the Warlords."