14: Escape to the North

Izumi: chapter 3/? Of flashback

Extra long chapter whoops

Is 13yr old law very tiny or is it because corazon is just goddamn tall (hes 293cm/9'7.5)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"I'm staying here, too." Mama said and Robin's mother was shocked. "Don't worry. I will do everything I can to give them their future." she displayed a little bit of her magic in her palm which shocked Saul and Olvia even more. "A witch?" Olvia exclaimed and Mama nodded. "Are you sure about this?" Saul asked and Mama nodded again, "I'm sure."

"No! I'll stay here, too! Mom!" Robin was still struggling while I was quiet. I couldn't do anything except hug the staff and bag closer to me.

"Mom!" Robin cried as Saul ran away with both of us in his hand...

On with Chapter 14:

(Y/N)'S POV

== F L A S H B A C K ==

"Saul! Go back! Please!"

Robin was still begging Saul to let her go back to her mother. When she was denied once again, she cried. I didn't move from my position, I wanted to cry too. I wanted to help Mama, but I knew I was too weak, not like I care. I just want to stay by Mama's side.

In the distance, I can see the flames near the Tree of Knowledge get extinguished, only for it to be relit again by more incoming cannonballs. At one point, I saw a big ball of fire getting thrown in the direction of the marines. "Ahh!" I heard the distant cries of the marines on the targeted ship.

"Robin! Be proud, Robin! Your mom is honourable! Ohara is honourab;e! Someday, pass down this island's history, Robin! Ohara fought against the world!"

Ohara against the world, huh? Was what the scholars did that bad that would have everyone else against us?

"They're aiming at me!" Saul suddenly exclaimed and covered the both of us with his other hand. In the darkness, we heard another explosion happen right beside us and Saul's figure stopped running.

"I'm sorry, guys. That must've scared you." he said as he removed his hand. I noticed that his face had sustained some injuries and some soot. The cannonball had hit him!

"Hold on a sec." he lowered us to the ground before running to the marine ships.

"Stop it, Saul!" Robin cried and was about to chase him but I held her back.

Saul reached the ships and placed his arms around his as much as he could. Compared to the ship, Saul for once looked tiny. "Robin! Hurry up and run! What was your mom's wish?!" he shouted at us before lifting the ship upwards.

"Robin! Let's go!" I grabbed Robin's hand with my free hand and ran to where the evacuation ships were docked, which wasn't that far. As we were running, we could see that the ramp to board the ship was already gone and the people were already preparing to escape.

"Ah! Isn't that the monster?!" one of the children on board said. It was one of Robin's bullies too.

"She brought her friend!"

"Go away, monster!"

I felt Robin's hand tighten at their insults. I squeezed her hand gently to calm her down.

"Hey! Don't be ridiculous!" an adult scolded the children. We have a chance to get on the ship!

"Isn't she the daughter of a criminal who was in the paper before?"