17: Negotiation

Izumi: my friend showed me a photo of a corazon and law figurine and i have found out i really really love corazon and i miss him greatly

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"That's-! Isn't that (Y/n)'s paper doll?" Robin was the first to notice since she was sitting beside him. The paper doll looked at her and sent a small wave. "Where is she? Is she here too?"

Law stayed silent as he stared at nothing. As if sensing his distress, the paper doll pasted itself onto Law's cheek, giving him a hug. He sighed.

"She got captured by Doflamingo."

On with Chapter 17:

3RD PERSON POV

AT DRESSROSA

"Walk faster!" a soldier pushed the (h/c-ette) forward when she was walking too slow for his liking. For some reason, (Y/n) was told to get up from the floor and was brought out of her cell. Currently, she was on the top floors of the castle, making her way to Doflamingo's office, hands still cuffed in sea prism stone.

The moment they got the signal to enter the office, (Y/n) got shoved inside and the door closed behind her. She glanced behind her to see that she entered the room alone and looked back to the front to see Doflamingo, sitting by the window and talking on a den den mushi.

"Come here. I have something for you." with no room to argue, (Y/n) dragged her feet towards him and stopped in front of the warlord.

"This is the end for you, Vergo-san." she lit up at the familiar voice coming from the snail.

"Law-!" she exclaimed before a hand covered her mouth, "Shhh, he's not supposed to know we are listening." Doflamingo brought her face forward and whispered to her, his grin reaching the sides of his face.

"You brat, you finally remember how to speak to your superiors." Vergo's voice sent a chill down her spine.

"If that's what you want to believe. Don't think that you guys can stay on your high horses forever. I know you can hear me, Joker!"

Getting caught, Doflamingo removed his hand from (Y/n)'s face and picked up the receiver. He laughed.

"Vergo is done for, Joker. You've lost your most important subordinate, and Caesar will be taken down by Mugiwara-ya. Which means, you will lose all your SAD. It was your own overconfidence that blinded you to this possibility. Go ahead and look down on us and laugh as usual while you think of your next move. But you won't be laughing for very long... because we're going to keep on surprising you."

Doflamingo laughed, "You're acting really tough for a little shrimp. But are you sure you can back it up? I would suspect that you've upset Vergo." on cue, sounds of something hitting the ground hard was heard, "Do you remember what happened last time? Remember? Remember what happens when you push Vergo too far?" he laughed again, "It must have traumatized you. There's no way you could ever forget... the terror that Vergo put into you. Your cutting ability may be powerful... but his Haki will easily block it. You are no match for him, in either strength or position!"

"Let's go."

Sounds of fighting could be heard from the den den mushi and the two kept quiet, waiting to hear who the victor would be. After a few seconds, it suddenly became silent and it honestly was killing (Y/n).

"It's been two years since the great war." Law's voice was heard and she brightened up. It meant that he was still alive and won!

"Who set what in motion back then? All you did is protect the position you've grown comfortable in. All Whitebeard did was end an era. Navy HQ has put together a new military force... but the major players haven't made a move. It's as if they're preparing for something. Yes, that war was nothing but a prologue. You always said that an unstoppable wave is coming. One that brings a new age for the strong.