CHAPTER 5 - Starting the Paid Service

The people at Cheongdam-park starting to get panic after they watched what happened in the screen that had suddenly appeared.

    Some people tried to run away but they were blocked by some invisible wall.

[The blue window in front of you have the first scenario that you must complete. Like what you have witnessed before, you will die if you failed to complete the task. You also can summon your attribute window by thinking ‘attribute window ‘. I’ll start the countdown to start the scenario. Hihihihit.]

    The Dokkaebi said and giggling after imagining the chaos that will befell to the human in front of him. But his giggle stops when he saw someone raise his hand like someone who wanted to ask a question.

    The blond hair human with elegant manner ask.

“Excuse me,  Dokkaebi, Sir."

    There are four other human beside him, they seems to be a grouping together.

“Is there any issue?” The Dokkaebi asked with an annoyed tone.

    The Dokkaebi hear something like “How dare he being rude to our Prince!” or “Such a disrespectful word!” from the crowd. But he ignored it and approached the group.

“We can see the window that you tell us, we can’t see the task or our attribute window. Will we pass without having to do it?”

    Alberu asked with his smiles getting brighter.

“Eh..., What do you say!?” The Dokkaebi surprised.

    He never imagined that the Star Streams having an error. The most shocking thing was because it happened to five humans in front of him, not one but five.

    He quickly halted the countdown and looked to the sky and said
[My apologies, Dear Constellations! I’ll broadcast other places that currently still doing their scenario. Please be patient, I’ll fix it quickly.]

   Should I kill them? Or should I ask the Bureau.

   He listened the murmur from the crowd.
“As expected, they are on the different classes, even the Dokkaebi power seems to shy away from them. Maybe because of their beauty is to dazzling.” Or “I feel that my heart being pierced by that smile.”

    They seem to be someone famous, if I let them live maybe they will help my channel popularity.

    The Dokkaebi started to calculating the advantage of letting this group of human life and decide to reporting the error to the Bureau.

    Everyone in Cheongdam-park was looking at the multiple screens that shows what happened to the other places. One of the screen shows group of people passively kicked and punched the old woman.
______________________________________________
{Kim Dokja POV}

“The grandmother’s death will be recognized for what the dokkaebi calls the ‘first murder’ and some time will be bought. Then what next?”

“Ah…”

“If what the dokkaebi says is true, you each have to kill one thing. So who will you kill after the grandmother? Will you kill the person next to you?”

    The people who thought about something retreated from each other. Horror was in their eyes. In fact, everyone knew. The grandmother was just the beginning.

    Kim Namwoon noticed the shaky atmosphere.

“Haha, what are you all worried about? Then kill him next! Cowards. Don’t worry about your turn in advance! The odds are equal!”

    I figured that Kim Namwoon would say something like this. I cut him off with a slight wave of my hand.

“There is no need to gamble like that. There is a way for you to survive, even if you don’t become a killer.”

“What?”

“W-What is it?”

    The people became greatly agitated. Kim Namwoon’s expression distorted.

“Have you forgotten? The scenario clear condition wasn’t to ‘kill a person.’”

    Most people were still puzzled but a few people noticed something.

[Kill one or more living things.]

    That’s right. From the beginning, the word ‘person’ was never specified in the contents of the scenario.

     Kill one or more living things. In other words, any life was possible. A quick-witted person shouted at the collection net in my hand.

“Insect! Insects!”

     The grasshoppers were jumping in the collection net. People’s eyes were shining. I nodded.

“That’s right, the insects.”

    I put my hand into the net and took out a grasshopper. It was a chubby one that I saw earlier.
“G-Give that to me! Quickly!”

“One only! I just need one!”

    I stepped back slowly as I looked at the approaching people. I was now facing the explosive madness that tried to kill the grandmother. Yet a smile emerged. Why? Even in this breathtaking tension, why was my heart beating with joy?

“Would you like it?”

    I waved the net like a trainer provoking an animal. Several impatient people leapt towards me.

“Then catch them!”

    I smashed the grasshopper in my hand.
[You have achieved the ‘First Kill’ achievement!]

[100 coins have been earned as additional compensation.]

    At the same time, I threw the net in my other hand as hard as possible. It was towards the opposite side of the area where the grandmother and the crowd was gathered.

“This is crazy!”

    The crowd trying to catch the grasshoppers and caused the carriage to become chaotic.

“Hey, why did you do that? Couldn’t you have just given them the insects?”

    Looking back, I saw Kim Namwoon raising his body.  I responded cautiously to Kim Namwoon, who was stretching his neck, “There are 12 people remaining.”

“…Huh?”

“There were three insects left in the collecting net.”

    Kim Namwoon frowned for a moment before smiling broadly. “12 to 3? Hahahahat! Yes. Not all of them can survive anyway? So you threw that thing?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t make me laugh.”

“…?”

“A person with common sense wouldn’t do such a thing for that reason.” Kim Namwoon’s smile widened. “Tell me honestly. You just wanted to see this scene, didn’t you?”
_____________________________________________
     By using Record, Cale processing the information that he got from the multiple screens. He was looking at one of the screen while griping his top whip and whispered.

Wind elementals could you search for as much as possible insects or animals around this park?”

Off course we will help you, Cale.

Chaos, Destruction, Search. We’ll quickly find all of them. Leave it to us.

     Cale group who heard what Cale asked for from the wind elementals feel really glad that the Young master-nim that they know was still the same.
____________________________________________

{Kim Dokja POV}

[Your understanding of the character ‘Kim Namwoon’ has increased.]

[You are close to the conditions of use for the exclusive skill ‘Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint Lv. 1.]

    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint? What was this?

[The conditions of use for the exclusive skill ‘Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint’ Lv. 1 have been reached!]

    Kim Namwoon’s fist missed me and struck the ground.

“Haha, what? Haven’t I become stronger?"

    A faint fist mark was left on the ground. Kim Namwoon was realizing his current strength little by little.

Kwang! Kwang! Kwang!

   The fist that could break a bone with a single blow kept hitting the ground.  Kim Namwoon was frustrated and couldn’t control his temper. “Ah, why can’t I hit you?”

    Of course, he couldn’t hit me. It was all thanks to my second skill.

[Exclusive skill, Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint Lv. 1 has been activated!]

    As soon as this skill was activated, I was able to observe Kim Namwoon’s attack direction like I was reading his inner thoughts. For example, like this…

「 Right side. 」

   I quickly moved away from the direction of the attack.

「Right eye. 」

    Then I quickly bent down and avoided the flying fist.

“You really are good at not being hit!”

     It was unreasonable to counterattack because I was poor at sports, but I could at least avoid most of the attacks.

「 Left thigh. 」

     This was enough to endure it. The important thing was to buy time. I avoided Kim Namwoon’s first and pointed at the clock in the air. “There are two minutes left, Kid.”

     The distressed Kim Namwoon alternated looking between me and the grandmother.