Chapter 99 - Awkward Situation

The surrounding ichthyosaurs poured towards Kim Dokja like they were amused.

[The constellation ‘Prisoner of the Golden Headband’ is laughing at you.]

My control was a mess but the queen was moving in the direction I wanted. It was southwest of Yongsan-gu. It was Nodeulseom, one of the few islands in the Han River. If I remember correctly, this island was the place with the most potential for the Disaster of Floods to hatch.

「 The fifth disaster hatched on an artificial island in Han River. 」

Ways of Survival was a novel where the year wasn’t specified.

Therefore, Kim Dokja didn’t know exactly what year Ways of Survival was based on. He thought it was close to the year he lived in but it had been serialized for 10 years and the technology development wasn’t right. There was little mention of modern devices in Ways of Survival and sometimes there were no fixed geographical names used.

This situation was an example.

An artificial island in Han River… where the hell is it?

Nonetheless, Kim Dokja was able to determine that it was Nodeulseom due to the description and the size of the meteorite.

Kim Dokja's thoughts were interrupted by the queen’s sudden stop. he rolled down and was thrown on Nodeulseom. Queen Mirabad glanced at him before disappearing into Han River.

She was a heartless jerk. But I think it was the usual unfair treatment that I get. I think it would be different if the person who did that was Cale Henituse or his group. Why does everyone always fanatically like him?

[The exclusive skill ‘Bookmark’ has been turned off.]

“Uweeeek.”
The world turned around as Kim Dokja coughed out the river water. He raised his head and the landscape of Nodeulseom spread out in front of him.

Kim Dokja had never been to Nodeulseom before but something felt strange. The trees on Nodeulseom looked like they were before the world was ruined.

The ichthyosaurs disappeared and the incarnations were preparing to cross the river. Kim Dokja could see some of the incarnations flying through the sky. He hid behind a tree and held his breath as he watched them.

“Where is he? Didn’t he obviously come here?”

I didn’t think there would be so many people who had learnt Flight Maneuvers. These jerks weren’t regressors. Why did they adapt so fast? Many of them landed on Nodeulseom and looked around. And who is it who rides that yacht across the Han River?

“Hyung, let’s look around. I don’t have any confidence facing him alone.”

“I agree. Did you see all the stars above his head? He is a monster.”

“Hero-like traits aren’t necessary when dealing with a monster.”

“…Will he be as strong as the king in the west?”

“Do you think he will spit out the truth about Cale-nim where about if we torture him?”

“But didn’t some members say that Kim Roksoo-nim’s group was actually Cale-nim’s group in disguise?”

“I think I will hit that bastard Kim Dokja for few times because he didn’t tell us about the truth.”

It was a conversation discussing how to kill someone. Kim Dokja thought it was too shameful to compare him to Yoo Jonghyuk. But then he felt wronged by the cultists who blamed him for everything that didn’t have any relation to him.