CHAPTER 95 - Crossing the Han River

Kim Dokja was more shocked by the fact that Han Sooyoung was dead.

A bit of time passed before his sense of reason returned.

“…Dokja-ssi?” Yoo Sangah noticed something and got up.

Kim Dokja examined Han Sooyoung’s corpse with Yoo Sangah’s help. “There are no wounds.”

The situation was to a standstill. There were no wounds.
Then was it a poison? If there was a poison that could kill Han Sooyoung without leaving any traces then it was a terrible poison. Kim Dokja thought.

It was strange that I suddenly fell asleep in the first place. Kim Dokja thought.

Wait a minute, I fell asleep? And he realized.

“Uh, I’m sorry. I slept too much.” Shin Yoosung finally opened her eyes.

Kim Dokja suddenly looked back at Yoo Sangah. “Yoo Sangah-ssi, did you sleep all night?”

“…Yes.” Yoo Sangah blushed like she was embarrassed.

If Yoo Sangah hadn’t woken up then no one was standing guard yesterday.

Kim Dokja was the last lookout and once he fell asleep, everyone was sleeping.

I was a fool. My suspicions should’ve started from ‘Why did I sleep?’ rather than ‘Who killed Han Sooyoung?’ Kim Dokja thought.

Was it a sleeping spell? No, only the returnee had such magic.  Hit a Pressure Point? They must be able to fool my senses to use it.

In the end, there was only one answer remaining.

Kim Dokja approached the fire where the bones of the groll they ate yesterday were hanging.

This was the only possibility for everyone to fall asleep.

Kim Dokja cleared up the bones that were eaten cleanly of their flesh and some green powder fell to the ground.

It is the stem of the yanaspleta.

Someone had mixed the plant stem powder into the groll meat. The stem of the yanaspleta had a powerful sleeping effect if not taken with the juices.

It wasn’t poisonous so it couldn’t be resolved with Dongui Bogam.

That’s why I always boiled it with the juices. Kim Dokja thought while looking at the green powder.

“Who cooked the groll yesterday?”

“It was Sooyoung-ssi…” Kim Dokja inwardly sighed.

The meat they ate yesterday was the young groll that Shin Yoosung failed to tame.

The one who killed the groll was none other than Han Sooyoung.

“It was one blow.”
Kim Dokja approached the pale body of Han Sooyoung.

He was so confused that he had forgotten for a while.

An avatar didn’t vanish unless the head was destroyed.

However, why did she set up this play? She was bound by the ‘Temporary Pledge’ and couldn’t run away. At that moment, a blue light emerged from Han Sooyoung’s heart. This was…? Kim Dokja was surprised.

“Wait a bit.”
Kim Dokja didn’t care about the reaction of the others and trampled on Han Sooyoung’s head.

The blue light burst out and the avatar was destroyed.

[The character Han Sooyoung’s avatar has received the punishment for violating the contract.]

[The character Han Sooyoung has offered up her avatar as a sacrifice to offset most of the punishment of the Temporary Pledge.]