CHAPTER 69 - At the Werewolves Base

“How can I...” Han Sooyoung stuttered out.

“Don’t worry. He won’t be able to destroy this world in such short time..., right?” Kim Dokja who try to lighten the mood was also unsure about what he’s talking about.

“You are a really bad jerk. How can you not tell me about the cursed? And you also said that this world might be destroyed because of that stupid intermediate dokkaebi.” Han Sooyoung really angry.

“Don’t worry. Some people I know were cursed by a demon king like you but they didn’t die right away.” Kim Dokja reassured.

“Why are you saying it now?” But it made Han Sooyoung feel more irritated.

Come to think of it, Han Myungoh who was cursed by the demon king, Asmodeus… I didn’t know what happened to him. Was he still alive? Kim Dokja thought about Han Myungoh.

“I think it is good. Andras isn’t a very high ranking demon king. If you are enemies with a demon king, you will get the favour of the absolute good constellations and get more donations. It is a good thing.” Kim Dokja explained.

“Will the archangels care? Besides, I don’t get along with sponsors and angels!” Han Sooyoung replied with a irritated tone.

Why? Was it also a demon king? Kim Dokja couldn’t help thinking so when he suddenly closed his mouth.
What did she just say?

“You don’t get along with sponsors and angels?” Kim Dokja asked.

Han Sooyoung noticed Kim Dokja gaze and cursed. “Damn, my damn mouth…”

“Do you not have a sponsor?” Kim Dokja surprised by what she said.

It wasn’t impossible. I also had no sponsor. In fact, in the first scenario, many of the survivors wouldn’t get sponsors. To be precise, they didn’t have any choices. Kim Dokja thought.

However, it was unexpected that a strong person like Han Sooyoung had no sponsor.

“I didn’t choose one. Isn’t it strange to choose from the beginning? I can only pick once.” Han Sooyoung explained.

“Well, that’s right.” Kim Dokja also agrees with her answer.

But...

“So you are also thinking similar things!” Jasmine interrupted their conversation.

“We also have a hard time to decide it. Afterall the five of them are too perfect. It’s impossible to choose between them.” Nicole said while nodding with an understanding expression.

“Do you think that they will become someone sponsor?” Yoon Jinho asked.

“You don’t know what happened in the first scenario. At that time Clopeh-nim asked if he can get the sponsorship from Cale-nim but the dokkaebi just answered him with some nonsense.” Jasmine told them what happened in the first scenario.

“Right, that’s also the reason why we don’t want to choose the constellations sponsorships. They are much lower than them.” Nicole added.

“I also wanted to terminate my sponsorship after I meet Our Godly Idols. But for some reason my sponsor beg me to keep the sponsorship and share some spoilers of my stories.” Hyun Ji-Hu said with tired tone.

“I understand how you feel.”

“I also have not picked any sponsor because I only believe in Cale-nim and Alberu-nim. Do you know how many times I was saved by all this book?” Myst added.

“Oh! As expected of Real God blessing!” Yun Jeong-Suk marveled.

“...”
Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung could only speechlessly looking at their cult like conversation.

“Do you think it’s better to join them for survival?” Han Sooyoung suddenly asked.

“Do you want to become one of them?” Kim Dokja answered with another question.

That’s right. Some of them are also don’t have a sponsor. While they are not as overpower like Cale Henituse group, they might be similar or stronger than Han Sooyoung. After thinking about it I think Han Sooyoung is surprisingly normal. Kim Dokja thought while looking at Han Sooyoung.

After comparing Han Sooyoung with Cale group followers, Kim Dokja started to feel that Han Sooyoung was rather normal with her skills and knowledge about the Ways of Survival.

I would never tell her that I kinda disappointed at her because she only able to get this point after having the knowledge from the Ways of Survival. Should I suggest her to join the cult? Kim Dokja looked at Han Sooyoung with a pitying expression.

"What are you thinking? Why do I feel annoyed with your gaze?" Han Sooyoung said with doubtful eyes.

The Sponsor Selection occurred once after the first scenario and were regularly implemented before the ‘disaster scenarios’ occurred.

The fifth scenario was a ‘disaster scenario’ so Han Sooyoung would be able to participate in the upcoming second round of the Sponsor Selection. Kim Dokja thought.

Unable to suppressed his curiosity, Kim Dokja asked, “Who will you choose? Is there a constellation you are thinking about?”

Han Sooyoung made a confident expression at his words. “Won’t you be surprised when you find out? They are already interested in me.”

“Who is it?” Her answer really makes him curious.
Was it perhaps the Great Sage the Equal of Heaven?

“Have you heard of the Abyssal Black Flame Dragon?”

The black flame dragon? The unexpected answer really surprised him.

[The constellation ‘Abyssal Black Flame Dragon’ is looking at your reaction.]

Kim Dokja hesitated for a moment before replying, “Ah, yes. He is a good sponsor.”

The Abyssal Black Flame Dragon was the sponsor of the Delusional Demon Kim Namwoon in the original novel. The Delusional Demon was one of the best fights along with the Steel Sword, so it wasn’t a bad choice. Kim Dokja thought.

[The constellation ‘Abyssal Black Flame Dragon’ is looking at you with a complicated gaze.]

This guy wasn’t interested in me anymore. Kim Dokja looked at the reactions.
“Do you mean there will be another ‘Sponsor Selection’?”

The group of cultists that busy with their discussions suddenly turned their focus to Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung.

Shit! Both of them have a similar thought as they saw their expressions.

“We have arrived.”

They could hear a life saver voice that stopped the scary cultists group
They have reached the place that was probably the base of the werewolves.

***
Few minutes ago...

After they decided to do what they can rather than stressing about what Clopeh would do,

Kim Dokja asked Cale if he know the location of the werewolves base.

“Do you know about what they are?” Cale asked.

“They are humans that evolve into an outside species. Most outside species evolved accidentally. Those who couldn’t clear the ‘find food’ sub scenario usually walked this path. Once they ate a person, they couldn’t stop. Those who changed species would no longer feel guilty about killing humans.” Kim Dokja answered what he remembered in Ways of Survival.

“Is there any causes that turned them into an outside species?” Cale asked.

“There was a fixed way for humans to evolve into an outside species. Cannibalism. In other words, to eat their own people.” Kim Dokja answered.

• Cale, a group of people went to the werewolves base and they are fighting with the werewolves.

“Their base is nearby and the meteorite is also at that place. Something was happening there, we need to hurry.” Cale tell them.
That’s how they decided to go to the werewolves base.

***

In the front of the werewolves base.

It was near a broadcasting station.

There was a bloody smell coming from the narrow forest of buildings. They could heard the cries of the werewolves and people in the distance, like a battle was going on.

Han Sooyoung said, “It seems that we are a bit late. Is there a preceding visitor?”

They didn’t seen any werewolves moving around as guards. Once they entered a bit further, a coin farmer that was bigger than Director Yoon’s one was installed.

The coin farms were the exclusive property of the destroyed world.

Kim Dokja feel tired of facing these sights all the time.

It seemed like the coin harvest was over because there were no surviving people behind bars.

Han Sooyoung was moving ahead when she suddenly grabbed her nose.

“Yuck, what is this?”

As they headed through the imprisonment area to the residence of the werewolves, a more horrifying sight awaited them. Severed human thighs were hanging from rubber bands. It was like pork in a butcher’s shop, making the purpose obvious.

[The exclusive skill ‘Fourth Wall’ has offset your emotional trauma.]

Kim Dokja had read these scenes in the text but this was his first time actually seeing them.

Han Sooyoung cursed, “You fucking scum…”

Kim Dokja stated, “You look upset when you see this.”

“Of course. Who wouldn’t be upset?” Han Sooyoung said.

“The other prophets said you want to use your information to control the world.” Kim Dokja answered.

“Who said that?” Han Sooyoung sneered and added, “It is just as absurd as you calling me a plagiarist.”

“…” Kim Dokja became speechless.

“World domination? It would be good. But my first goal is to prevent the destruction. Why else did I collect the apostles?” Han Sooyoung proudly said.

“The apostles were all trash.” Kim Dokja answered.

“They were originally trash? Is that my fault?” Han Sooyoung said.

But they forgot about something.

“So you think that we are trash, right?” Yoon Jinho asked.

“That’s why you’re trying to kill us before!” Amiris continued.

“So, I think Kim Dokja-ssi is having a similar thought with her, right?”

The former prophets who decided to become that crazy cultists members are asking both of them with a brilliant smile.

But both Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung are horrified because they smile never reached their cold eyes.

Both of them forgot that they are going with the surviving prophets from Anguk Station.

At that time, they tried to get help from Cale.

But...

• Cale, there’s another person in here. There are also some people that are caged like what Kim Dokja said happened in the coin farm, they were caught by the werewolves.

Cale are busy with the Wind Elementals reports and ignored them.

They feel despair as they saw a demon like aura appeared behind them who are getting closer with their scary smiles.

Luckily a loud sound stopped them.

Tang! Tang! Tang! Tang!

They (except Cale) are reflexively held their breaths.

There was a loud sound from in front of them. They could hear the sound of flesh exploding.

Tatang!

No matter how I thought about it, this was the sound of gunshots. Wasn’t the army already wiped out? It’s not Alberu Crossman, right? Kim Dokja thought so after saw Cale started to running towards the direction of the sounds.

They quickly chase him and ran towards the building towards the gunshots.

Even if the army was still intact, it was ridiculous to deal with a werewolf with guns. I don’t know how strong Alberu Crossman is but it should be impossible for him to face the werewolves alone, right? Kim Dokja thought.

But the sight in front of me changed the story.

Bodies of werewolves were piled up in front of them like a mountain. All of the bodies had bullet wounds.

Han Sooyoung and Kim Dokja talked almost simultaneously.

“Attribute bullets.”

“A bullet with the divine attribute?”

They saw some people pointing guns in the distance. They were armed with modern rifles and unusually, they were all wearing prison uniforms.

Han Sooyoung nervously grabbed Kim Dokja collar. “Hey, do you remember me telling you that there was someone like you in Sondaemun Prison?”

“Yes.”

“They are her forces.”

Han Sooyoung was pointing to a woman wearing a mask. It would be hard to know the sex if it wasn’t for the long hair hanging down, covering most of the body including the face.

“She is the leader. It is obvious that she is a reader but I don’t have any information on her.”

I see. They were from Seodaemun Prison… Then why wasn’t this force visible during the struggle for the throne? Kim Dokja thought.

Han Sooyoung opened her mouth while looking at the mountain of werewolf corpses.
“They are also wanderers. They are quite powerful wanderers… the most powerful wanderers I know.”

A woman with a gun headed straight to this side. It wasn’t the leader that Han Sooyoung pointed out.

Kim Dokja pulled out Unbroken Faith while Han Sooyoung prepared Avatar. The gun of the woman approaching them moved.

She leaned back and her muzzled headed to one of the mountain of werewolf corpses.

Dududududu!

The mountain of werewolves corpses collapsed from the bullets. Then something hidden under the bodies were revealed.

“This is?”

There was a glowing stone that was 2m in length and height.

It was one of the meteorites Kim Dokja needed to prevent the ‘disaster.’
The yellow meteorite was here. This meteorite was also the source of the werewolves’ strength.

The woman gazed at the meteorite before slowly turning to Kim Dokja.
“Are you Kim Dokja?”

Looking closely, the woman seemed quite old. Based on the wrinkles, she wasn’t in her 40s but she was at least in her mid to late 30s. She knew me? How? Kim Dokja surprised by the woman question.

Kim Dokja was a bit embarrassed but he maintained his composure as he looked at the woman.

“You must be mistaken. My name is Yoo Jonghyuk. Kim Dokja is the name of the guy I hate the most.”

“…Yoo Jonghyuk?” The woman is surprised by Kim Dokja answered.

“Yes. So tell your leader not to talk nonsense.  Just tell her, even if you’re not sure what I mean.”

“How shameless!”

“It’s better than if he used our Godly Idols names.”

“If he ever dare to do it, I promised that he would wish that he never born.”

“Just because he was ugly...”

The whispered from behind him is making him want to cry.

Kim Dokja looked to the side and saw Han Sooyoung watching him with an absurd expression. He winked at her.
If it was Han Sooyoung, she would know what to do from now on.

But Han Sooyoung just look at him with pity on her eyes.

Kim Dokja became speechless with the people that came with him.

The woman opened her mouth.
“I already know that you are Kim Dokja. Stop the unnecessary lies.”

[The character Han Sooyoung has confirmed that the statement is true.]

Han Sooyoung nodded towards Kim Dokja.

This woman came because she knew for certain who I was. Kim Dokja thought.

“The king said that she will entrust this meteorite to you.” The woman said.

It was unexpected. She knew me and now she was giving me the meteorite… Kim Dokja surprised by her words.

“Then, what you’re going to do with the surviving children in that cage?” Cale asked while pointing to the sturdy cage.

There’s two surviving children that trembled from their fear as they saw everything that happened there. They were the only one that they have not saved because their cage is in the deepest part of the base.

“The king said that they were better if they followed Cale Henituse-nim. That way they could have a better life than if they were followed us.” The woman answered.

Cale frowned and asked. “Who are you?”

“We are the people of the Wanderer King.” The woman answered.

“That woman over there is your king?” Kim Dokja asked while pointing at the masked woman.

The woman nodded.

Kim Dokja looked at the tall masked woman in the distance.

Looking closely, I felt a sense of deja vu. But there was something strange. Kim Dokja feels suspicious.

“King… You don’t seem to have a flag?” Kim Dokja asked.

“The king doesn’t dwell on such things.” She answered.

What was with this answer? Kim Dokja surprised.

“She really know how the strong should act.”

“Our Godly Idols also made the same thing.”

“But our Godly Idols are God. So it’s naturally they will do that.”

“Only plebeians will need to do that.”
The followers behind me started to praise them.

Am I the only one who thinks differently? Kim Dokja confused.

The woman continued speaking. “The king said that we will take care of the disaster in the north. But she will leave the other four disasters to you.”

Before they could ask anything, the woman turned and left like her words were over.

Han Sooyoung shouted, “Hey! What are you suddenly saying? Shouldn’t you explain it before you go?”

Despite the shouts, the woman kept walking away with turning back.

Han Sooyoung looked at me and asked, “What is this… do you know that woman?”

“How can that be?”

Kim Dokja quietly activated Character List.
[This person isn’t registered in ‘Character List.’]

[You can check the information of the person by updating Character List. Do you want to update it?]

It seemed that the update cycle was back. Kim Dokja nodded.

[The update has been completed.]

[Some people will be added to the dictionary.]

Then a window popped up in front of Kim Dokja.

+
[Character Information]
Name: Cho Youngran

Age: 37 years old.

Constellation Support: First Spiritualist of Joseon

Private Attribute: Escaped Prisoner (General), Officer of Justice (Rare)

Exclusive Skills: Prison Escape Lv. 3, Patience Lv. 6, Execution Time Lv. 3, Shooting Lv. 4…

Stigma: Transformation Occult Art Lv. 2
Overall Stats: Physique Lv. 30, Strength Lv. 34, Agility Lv. 36, Magic Power Lv. 28.

Overall Evaluation: The current comprehensive evaluation is currently in progress.

* ‘Starter Pack’ is currently applied.
* A growth package is currently applied.
+

Look at this, the First Spiritualist of Joseon? Kim Dokja amazed by her status.

[The constellation ‘First Spiritualist of Joseon’ is looking at you with wary eyes.]

I didn’t think there would already be a woman with Jeon Woochi as a sponsor. In addition, she had the fairly good attribute of Officer of Justice, although it was less than the ‘judge.’ Kim Dokja thought.

[The constellation ‘First Spiritualist of Joseon’ is greeting the incarnation ‘Cale Henituse’ politely.]

What a different attitudes. Kim Dokja looked at Jeon Woochi reaction with a flat expression. Maybe because he started to used to this kind of treatments.

[The constellations in the fans circle welcoming their new members.]

[Some constellations in the fans circle tell everyone to attend the fans meeting that incarnation ‘Clopeh Sekka’ is having right now.]

[Some constellations said they were grateful for the information.]

[Some constellations interest with the fans meeting.]

[Some constellations...]
...

“What! I hope I’m able to attend it too.” Yun Jeong-Suk said sadly.

The other followers nodded their heads.

“...” Kim Dokja, Han Sooyoung and Amiris are speechless.

“That crazy bastard!” Cale cursed while holding his throbbing head.

<to be continue>

Author’s note: I also have a throbbing headache from my work so I decided to post this chapter and have some rest. I will post another chapter if I get better or I will post it next week.
As the weather in some countries is getting colder, please take care and keep yourself warm and healthy.

And as always I want to thank you very much for reading, votes and comments on this story

And as always I want to thank you very much for reading, votes and comments on this story. I hope you enjoy the story and have a great time. GBU.