CHAPTER 37 - Anguk Station

{Kim Dokja POV}

      After a while, we headed to Anguk Station while avoiding the surrounding conflict areas.

      It was because the Night of the Prophets was scheduled to be held.

      I spied on these guys through Lee Sungkook’s smartphone. After reading their chats I think that they don’t know about Cale Henituse group.

      The idea of trying to read Ways of Survival popped up. These guys, they should’ve read it with me at that time. Now they didn’t know the days ahead.

“We’ve arrived.”

      I was about to say, “What, already?” when I saw the platform of Anguk Station in front of me. The prophets who arrived in advance could also be seen.

      But something was strange.
“Nobody has occupied this place?”

“Yes, it is a promise between the prophets. It could be dangerous to meet at an occupied station. It is sort of like the DMZ.”

      Then a prophet approached and waved.
“Hey, No. 1089!”

“Oh, it is No. 763 hyung.”

      Jung Minseob waved and welcomed the person.

      No. 763 glanced towards me and his face suddenly stiffened.

“P-Perhaps… he is…?”

    Jung Minseob nodded.

     No. 763’s eyes showed astonishment.
“I-It is really an honour. Yoo Jonghyuk-nim!”

      The uproar caused the scattered prophets to gather one by one.
“Is that…?”

      The prophets ran together and pushed in front of me. There were also a few female prophets.

“He looks better than I imagined! I am No. 998!”

“It is great to meet you, Yoo Jonghyuk-nim! I’m No. 1055!”

      This… I felt like a real king. Their shining eyes wanted to win my favour somehow. I wondered what they would all look like when they realized I wasn’t really Yoo Jonghyuk.

       Most of them weren’t worth paying attention to. Their knowledge of the future was dim and their abilities were poor.

      Yet there were some prominent people.
“It was very impressive when you fought against Demon King Asmodeus in the second regression.”

Hoh?

“It was mentioned briefly in the Book of Revelations… now that I’ve met Yoo Jonghyuk-nim, I feel like hearing about it from you.”

        Ways of Survival started with Yoo Jonghyuk’s ‘third’ regression and all the stories from the second regression were treated as recollections.

         Yet this guy knew about Asmodeus? Why was he so impressed when he didn’t read until the end?

“Who are you?”

“I am No. 1168.”

        Then he almost read to the 50th chapter. Perhaps he was the one who read the most out of those present.

No. 1168 asked me, “Excuse me, is it Yoo Jonghyuk-nim’s third turn right now?”

“That’s right.”

“Ah, as expected…”

     Some prophets had dark expressions.
Yes, I knew.

      Ways of Survival was an infinite loop so those who discovered that it was early on in Yoo Jonghyuk’s regressions would be quite disappointed.

      These jerks, they only got the cute side of Yoo Jonghyuk in the beginning… in any case, those who didn’t read until the end weren’t satisfied.

      Then there was a disturbance behind me.

“Lee Hyunsung-nim!”

“Steel Sword Lee Hyunsung?”

     Lee Hyunsung blushed as he was surrounded by people.

“W-What are you doing? I’m not the Steel… I’m not that!”

“Wow, just like a real revelation. Look at those biceps!”

“Ohhh! So taut!”

      Lee Hyunsung had a good-looking face and was quite popular among the female prophets. At that time, one passing prophet showed interest in Jung Heewon.

“Excuse, perhaps… are you Maritime Admiral Lee Jihye?”

“No.”

“Then are you…”

“I am Jung Heewon. Why?”

“Ah, I see.”

       The disappointed prophet moved past Jung Heewon towards Lee Hyunsung. Jung Heewon looked at the situation and spoke to me in Group Chat. Would they do the same if they met with Cale Henituse group?

–Why… isn’t anyone interested in me?

–Heewon-ssi isn’t famous in the future.

–Che.

–So do well from now on.

      I turned away from the miserable Jung Heewon. I came to the Night of the Prophets for a reason. I couldn’t waste time talking like this. I still need to search for Cale Henituse group after obtaining the King of No Killing. It’s better to be really careful about them, I think that even the writer won’t be able to understand what they may do.

“Where is the weapon?”

“Huh?”

“The weapon you have hidden. I will check it first.”

“Ah, here it is.”

      The 763th prophet excitedly moved to the centre of the platform and removed the cloth covering something. There was a big stone present.

       I remembered the moment I saw the meteor shower on the roof of the theatre. No, wait a minute.

“Is that a meteorite?”

“Haha, that’s right. At this point, Yoo Jonghyuk-nim might not know… according to the Book of Revelation, it contained a powerful weapon.”

“A weapon?”

“Yes! That’s correct. Maybe it is a weapon like a top ranking star relic.”

“Doesn’t the meteorite need hatching time and can’t be used now?”

“Haha, we have a rotation that will provide magic power. It will hatch tonight at the latest. We have been working on it for a few days…”

      I became colder as I looked at this proud bastard.

      A red pattern. It was nonsense. This thing shouldn’t be known until at least the fourth regression?

“Which bastard gave you the information?”
“Huh?”

“That person who brought the meteorite to you.”

“Oh, that… No. 1124, he was the first one…”

      No. 1124? A person who stopped reading early on knew this information?

“Where is he?”

Jung Minseob looked around the place and muttered.

“Uh… I guess he hasn’t come yet.”

      The informant didn’t come. I thought for a moment before opening my mouth.

“We have to get out of here.”

It was a trap.

“Huh?”

“Right now.”

      This was the first time I got a cold sweat since Ways of Survival became a reality and since meeting Yoo Jonghyuk the first time.

      This was a weapon? Who was stupid enough to think like this…

      I glanced around at the prophets staring at me with naive eyes. Then the platform started vibrating.

      I looked at the trembling ‘meteorite’ and stepped back. I had come here to sweep away the prophets, only to be the one swept away.

“W-What is this?”

      Jung Minseob made a stupid noise.

      Dammit. The fourth scenario hadn’t even ended and the ‘disaster’ of the fifth scenario was about to appear.

       I shouted toward Jung Heewon and Lee Hyunsung.

“Run away!”

       This was why I couldn’t trust those who didn’t read to the end. Due to these damn people who got off early, today ¹became all wrong.

       A red aura appeared around the meteorite and glowing lights shot all over the platform.

“Ohh! Finally!” A prophet screamed.

     Jung Heewon and Lee Hyunsung quickly approached me.

“Run away? What…”

      It was too late. The red aura spread across the platform and a faint veil surrounded the station. Now none of the prophets would be able to leave Anguk Station.
____________________________________________