Significant 16| Imposter

Chapter 16: Imposter

Damien's PoV

"If I were to intrude, I smelled something different from the Luna's friend's scent, My Lord. It's a smell of some pack's signature scent that I am definitely sure of. Can I have a permission to check his background?" my brow twitched, hearing some interesting news that made me turn my head to my third in command.

"Are you sure." I asked while tapping a finger on my wine glass.

"Yes, my Lord." he answered, full of confidence, that caused a small tug of my lip to reveal a smirk.

"Permission granted. I want to know the information as soon as possible." he bowed his head and rushed out the office and I turn to look at the five trackers I've ordered to know the whereabouts of my mate's mother.

They stand strongly and immediately bowed when I gazed at them. Knowing what I am asking for, Leandro quickly told me the news.

"Luna's mother was neither in Philippines and Korea, My Lord. We confirmed it from the flight records we have from the pack's plane terminal." I gave him a blank face and nod, signalling him to continue.

"She was last seen from the nearby café, called Latino D'Amorsolo. Many of our pack members testified that they saw her talking to a man with piercings on the lower lip and right brow." my forehead creased, is he talking about Zedric.

"Others also witnessed the troubled and remorse expression of the Luna's mother. They seem to talk about a deal, that's what they heard." a deal.

What the fvck is that deal.

"While they were talking, all of the pack members got uncomfortable by the glares they suddenly received from the vampires that are also in the café. They do not know what's the reason but when the guy, the Luna's mother was talking to, stood up and smirked at her, they smelled a very strong scent of a highest rank vampire. And that all came from him." my fist gripped the poor wine glass until it crumbled into sharp pieces.

They didn't even flinch and just lowered their head.

How dare he planned to get close to my mate if he's a filthy high ranked vampire? His unknown motives are giving me unpleasant headaches.

I need my stress reliever, my sunshine.

"Zedric Voltio, that's the guy's name. We have gathered some information about him and these are what we got, My Lord." I was about to grab the files when my office door banged open.

"B—Brother, My Lord, Loui's missing!" Danielle screamed in panic that made me jump off the chair.

I quickly reached him and stare at his eyes.

"Where did you last seen him?" I tried not to scream in his face because he is my brother.

He gulped.

"H—He was just eating his choco mint ice cream with Joshua and I, he was sitting on the countertop while the two of us, Joshua, was preparing for some extra snacks. Then, when we turned to question him, he was gone. His scent was gone before we knew it!" he trailed off and that just made me anxious.

Where can I find him?

In the bedroom.

Turning away from him, I walked for the stairs that's heading directly to my room when a pack member linked me.

"My Lord, Luna's scent was heading towards the woods." she said in a worried voice that made Danielle froze.

"We just told him not to go beyond the woods!" he commented, panicking.

That's what I told him too.

I huffed and literally jumped off the high grandstairs and reached the open yard.

Not wasting any seconds and even spare a glance from the panicking and scowling Joshua with his mate, I used my speed ability heading for the woods.

I ran, as fast as anything that you could consider, faster like a bolt. And then there, I stopped when I took a whiff of my mate's faint scent.

I wasted no time and find him inside the creepy forest.

"Mama, I miss you." a faint voice of my mate reached my ears.

"I know son, I missed you too. Come, give me a hug." that's not his mother.

I growled internally and cursed. Linking my pack warriors, I ordered them to set the trap as soon as possible and the assigned patrol will be punished.

"Set—up the trap. A vampire entered my land!"

"Yes, My Lord!"

"B—But mama, why are you walking away? D—Don't you love me anymore?" I felt my heart twitch in a slight pain as I heard my mate's sob.

"No, of course not, my dear. I'm just leading you to where you truly belong. Walk a little more and you'll be able to hug your mama." I clenched my jaw, trying not to create any noise when I saw them in the middle of the forest.

My sunshine was only 10 steps away from the vampire and that just made my blood boil. It was obvious that this creature has an ability to change his features to what he desires.

And he's using my mate's mother.

"I—Is that true? If I come closer to you, will you let me introduce my Damien to you?" my heart goes erratically fast and my wolf howled in joy when we heard the word my before my name.

"I'll think about that, dear." the imposter huffed and I readied my sharp claws to lunge.

It was just a seconds after when the vampire lunges at my mate, and I've never been so fast in my life to save someone, someone who's my mate.

I hugged him from behind, turning him and hid his face onto my chest while I raked my claws on the vampire's face, making him scream in pain and tried to run away when a cage trapped him inside while circling around him were my warriors.

There in the cage, crying in pain, was a man who's clutching his left eye. His pupils were red but the whites of his eyes remained.

He's not a rogue.

But practically a member of a vampire pack.

"M—Mama?" a tiny voice was heard and I looked down just to see his wide eyes looking up at me.

"You hurt my m—mama?" he cried, his lower lip trembling from the act.

I swallowed loudly and cupped his face.

"Sunshine, I will never ever hurt our mama." I said softly while staring straight into his beautiful brown eyes.

"But..."

"He's an imposter, baby." his eyes went even wider and his mouth forming an 'o' shape.

"That explains." he mumbled to himself and looked at me with pouty lip.

"Why did you go beyond the woods?" I asked softly while leading him away from the forest and letting my warriors to handle the vampire to the cellars.

He stopped walking and stare at the ground. I worriedly grabbed his chin up and met with his watery eyes and trembling lip.

"I—I saw my mama. B—But she has a pair of fully red eyes. My mama is a rogue..."

His Significant Other
by dead_paradoxcs
Plagiarism is a no-no word.

Thank you for reading!