Significant 37| Lost Soul

Chapter 37: Lost Soul

Damien's PoV

"He needs time to heal, Alpha. He's not even in the first stage of recovering, yet." I hold down my growl and just stare at my mate who's been staring at the nothingness.

While his eyes were producing unlimited tears.

"Is he... Is he going to go back the way he used before?" I was desperate.

I'm desperate to bring my mate back. Not just physically, but emotionally. I want his happy demeanor back.

I looked down at him when I received no response from the pack's doctor and saw him fidgeting with his fingers while releasing a shaky breath. An omega thing.

"It's up to him if he's going to collect himself again, Alpha. I'm sorry."

Just then, we saw Andrei quickly stood up and sprint towards the bathroom. I hissed and immediately run through the door just to saw him hunching back and puking.

I didn't hesitate and sat on the tiled floor beside him and attempt to rubbed his back but...

"No! P-Please..." he screamed and backed away, while looking at me scared.

"Sunshine, hey... It's me. It's Dammy, okay? It's-"

"P-Please no. My body's s-still sore." and he shocked me when he started sobbing and soon enough, he was endlessly crying.

My jaw gritted, my fist curling into a tight ball. My eyes turned into it's blue eyes, indicating that my wolf wants to take control and declare a massacre.

Before my wolf could even surface out, I put a barrier in my mind and locked him up. His temperamental issue isn't needed right now.

"Sunshine, he's gone. Okay? The monster who hurt you is gone, are you listening to me?" I said gently and as hardly as I could, I prevented myself from touching him.

I saw his head lift up slowly, sobbing with his trembling hands.

"We caught him and as much as I want to kill him for... traumatizing you, the vampire council took him. He's currently suffering from their punishment." I announced and saw how his pale lips would tremble.

"I'm gonna ask you a question, okay? Are you alright with that?" his crying ceased and I felt a slight relief when he cocked his head, once.

Atleast I've got a response.

"Can you tell me three things that you could see?" I ask and hope that he'll go with the flow.

I mentally frowned when he looked away.

"A-A sink, toilet... shampoo." I smiled and took a step closer to him but he flinched.

I lift both of my hands up.

"I'm not touching you. Don't be afraid." fortunately, he calmed down and I get to ask him, again.

"Can you tell me three things that you could smell?"

"Lavender, vanilla, mint... choco." I saw him tensed and was about to cry when I get closer but didn't tried to touch him.

"It's alright, sunshine. I'm here. I'm here." he tried to calm down and stopped his sobs.

"Can you tell me atleast two things you could touch?" I asked and was aware that I was only two inch far from him.

He furrowed his brows and lifted his right shaking hand. He looked at it confusedly before saying,

"My hair..."

"Very good, one more sunshine."

"Y-Your hand."