Chapter 77: A Day with Just Dad

Tsubaki's pov

Knowing that Trunks and I were going to have to leave soon and possibly not see our families for a long time really bummed me out, I wasn't ready to go back home just yet. Although, I missed Mom and Momma B a lot, they must feel so lonely without the two of us there. Mai isn't always around, she's usually off with Asher helping other survivors, they usually also look after Oliver. I wasn't ready to leave Dad and Gohan again, especially since back home, things weren't getting any better. Without having Gohan or Dad around, I couldn't learn new techniques or just be able to enjoy their company. I felt jealous of the young version of me, she gets to grow up with Dad around and she has Gohan. And even though I can always train with Trunks, I couldn't exactly have the guidance that I needed from Dad and Gohan. I had a feeling that something was going to happen sooner or later, it seemed that Trunks wasn't the only one to notice my shift in mood. Even Vegeta noticed, though he didn't really say much to me. I figured that he just had no clue as to what to say, so I didn't really hold it against him. At the moment, I was sitting on the roof of the house staring up at the beautiful morning sky. I closed my eyes, feeling the wind brush past and smelled the fresh air, smiling to myself in a happy and calm manner. Taking in this moment that I knew might not possibly happen again, I just enjoyed the view. I slowly opened my eyes, finding my Dad's face right in mine. "Hey there, Tsu." I screamed loudly, shooting upright to sit up and our foreheads connected with one another. I groaned, holding my forehead with a tear in my eye as Dad yelped, holding his, and stumbled back landing on his butt. "Itetete," He rubbed his forehead, looking at me with tears in the corners of his eyes. "Jeez louise, Tsu. I didn't know you were so jumpy. Had I known, I wouldn't have been so close to you when you opened your eyes." He whined, as I rubbed my forehead and stood to my feet. "Well, it's not my fault that you didn't see that coming. You know I hate when people jump scare me like that." I scolded Dad, crossing my arms as I looked at him. He stood to his feet, rubbing his forehead and brushed himself off. "So what was it that you were coming to me for? I assume you had a reason that you scared me like that." I asked, looking up at him. He walked closer to me, smiling to himself and I could tell that he seemed excited about something. "Well, since you and Trunks have to leave soon.. I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with your old man. Just the two of us. We could go camping, we can go anywhere and have fun. What do you think?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. My eyes widened, lighting up like christmas lights as a big smile made its way onto my face. "Really? You mean that? Just the two of us?!!" I exclaimed, "Yeah, just the two of us. Gohan agreed to keep an eye on Goten and Little Tsubaki. And your mom encouraged me to take you out to see some sights." He explained, "Yay!!!" I squealed loudly, throwing my body at him. He caught me with ease though I caught him off guard, "Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I would love to spend just the day with you!!" I squealed, wriggling around in his arms. He started laughing at my excitement, steadying the two of us as I wrapped my arms and legs around him.

"Where to first, Dad?"

"Well, I was thinking that I could take you to the amusement park. I heard from Trunks that you guys haven't been to one." He said, placing me on my feet.

"That's true," I looked down at my hands, fiddling with them. "The Androids destroyed a lot of things when they were around and any time people were gathered at an amusement park, they would destroy it and scare off anyone so they could have it all to themselves. Trunks and I never got the chance to go to an amusement park and have fun." I explained, Dad placed his hands on my shoulders and smiled. "Well, that's our first thing off the list. Bulma even bought the tickets for us to go have our day." He smiled, "Yes!!" I screamed, Dad laughed again and the two of us headed off the park.