Chapter 48: Tsubaki and Trunks' Together Again!!

Gohan's pov

I noticed that the house was quiet, way too quiet. Usually I would hear Goten and Tsubaki playing around but I didn't which was odd enough, I also couldn't feel Tsu's ki. It was like she had disappeared, Mom was out getting stuff for the party since Tsu's birthday was tomorrow and Dad was probably outside training or something. I had a weird feeling that something was going to happen, but I had this feeling for several days now and nothing has happened. Wait, now I remember... Goten and Tsubaki went with Piccolo out in the woods, Tsubaki was still a bit afraid of the water around that area. "Gohan... Have you seen your sister around?" I turned to look at Dad, who was leaning against the door frame. "No, Goten and Tsubaki are with Piccolo but I haven't seen Tsu around all day. Why? Is something wrong?"

I scooted the chair back to look at him better, "Well, it's just you know.. I was gonna send her and Trunks on a special mission but I haven't been able to find Tsu and I can't seem to reach Trunks. You and Videl can go with them if you want to. Do you think you could head over to Bulma's and talk to Trunks for me?" I nodded, "What was the mission that you were going to send them on?" I asked, before heading out. "I wanted to find this rare gem that I was once told about as a child. The problem is that I can't get to it." I gave him a skeptical look and he caved. He explained that he had something to do so he couldn't go but he set this up so Tsu and Trunks finally had time together, I shook my head with a small chuckle and headed out of the house.

First, I wanted to check with Piccolo who I found very easily. Trunks, Goten and Tsubaki were all playing in the water below Piccolo. He wasn't paying much attention to their loud playing. "Gohan, what are you doing way out here?" He opened his eyes, still sitting in his meditation position. "Have you seen Tsu around here?" His eyes shifted from the waterfall to me, "No, I haven't. I've been with Goten, Trunks and Tsubaki all morning. Is something wrong?" He asked, "Well, not really. Dad wanted to send her and Trunks off on a special mission. But Tsu hasn't been around the house and we have no clue where she's gone. I thought she would have stopped by to see you, but I guess she hasn't." I sighed, knowing that she wasn't here so I said my goodbyes to Piccolo along with my younger siblings and Trunks and moved on. I checked with Tien and Yamcha but they both hadn't seen her, or let alone feel her ki passing by. So I headed towards Bulma's, only to run right into Videl.

"Hey Gohan, why are out here? You're usually stuck at home studying."

"My Dad wanted to send Tsu and Trunks on a mission. He said we could join them if we wanted to. But he can't find Tsu. So he asked me to see if Trunks has seen her and to help find her. Do you want to come with me?" I explained.

"Yeah, sure. So how long has Tsu been gone?" Videl and I headed towards West City, "Since this morning...  I know she must have left early but I haven't seen her all day. I thought that she was out training or hanging out with Piccolo and Yamcha, but they said that they haven't seen her." I shifted my eyes from her to the roads and building up ahead. I just hoped Trunks knew where she was.

"Hey, uhh.. Gohan, I have a question." Videl trailed off, "What is it?" I looked over at her, as she looked away.

"Well, I noticed that both Tsu and Trunks are close.. What exactly are they to each other?" I was a but surprised that she had asked this, "They're a couple. They've grown up together so you can say that they are best friends. Why'd you ask?" Before Videl could answer, we reached Capsule Corp.

We greeted Bulma's parents and she told me where Trunks was, we found him helping Bulma in the lab. "Gohan? What are you doing here?" Bulma turned her head and Trunks looked up from his work.

"I need to talk to Trunks. We were wondering if you had seen Tsubaki at all. She's been gone from home all day. Dad wanted to send you two on a mission with Videl and I. Have you seen her?" Trunks shook his head. "No, I haven't. But I think I have an idea as to where she is. I'll show you."

We left Bulma's place and followed Trunks out to a very open space with lots of small cliffs, "What was the mission that your Dad was going to send us on?" Trunks looked back at me, "He said that there was this rare gem he was told about when he was little and he wanted us to check it out. He said it was somewhere in Gengoro Island." I explained as Trunk's came to a stop.

We were stopped in front of a cliff and right there laying on a boulder was Tsu, it seemed like she was resting peacefully. "What is this place?" I whispered coming closer to Trunks, "The place I took her after Future Gohan died. This is where I first told her that I loved her. Back in our timeline, this was the only spot she would come too when she needed to think." He explained, before calling out her name.

"Tsu!" Trunks called out and Tsubaki sat up and turned around, once her eyes landed on Trunks she started to tear up. "Trunks!!!" They flew halfway before she tackled him into a bear hug and started to cry. "I missed you so much." I smiled, floating a bit behind letting them have their space. "Wow, they've been together for a long time."